none
automatically detect intranet network greyed out RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to figure out why the setting "automatically detect intranet network" is greyed out and will not let me change it.  This is a Win 7 box on a domain.  I am a domain admin and a local admin on my box.  The dialog under Security, Intranet says "some settings are managed by your systems administrator" at the bottom.  I've poured through every single GPO we have and no where do I see any IE settings getting pushed out.  Anyone have any other ideas whats going on here?  Its causing issues with one of our pages that it thinks is an intranet page, but its really not.  I've attached a couple screenshots

Friday, June 30, 2017 4:29 PM

All replies

• "some settings are managed by your systems administrator" at the bottom

I think a better wording for that would be "you've set some other settings elsewhere that conflict this this one".

Otherwise, any clues by opening iexplore.exe elevated (e.g. Run as Administrator)?  E.g. if that works you could use ProcMon to compare your two cases in terms of  RegQueryValue.  But filter more coarsely at first so you can notice a divergence in the two traces and then zero in on the difference that way.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Sunday, July 2, 2017 6:13 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi, 

Have you checked if this GP was enabled? Check both under Computer and user configuration. 

Computer/User Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Internet Explorer\Internet Control Panel\Security Page\Turn on automatic detection of the intranet

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 3, 2017 8:25 AM