none
Configuration Manager 1602 stuck on Downloading in Updates and Servicing

Answers

• What does dmpdownloader.log say?

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 7:06 PM
  • Hi,

As Jason suggest check that it actually has downloaded the payload and after that you may have to restart the SMSEXEC service on the CAS och Primary SIte server, it is actually in the console as Important information about the update

"IMPORTANT NOTE: As a temporary workaround if the update installation is suspended at “Downloading” state for extended period of time, restart the SMS_EXECUTIVE (smsexec) service on the standalone primary or central administration site server (CAS)."

Have you tried that already?

Regards,

Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 10:58 PM

All replies

• What does dmpdownloader.log say?

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 7:06 PM
  • Hi,

As Jason suggest check that it actually has downloaded the payload and after that you may have to restart the SMSEXEC service on the CAS och Primary SIte server, it is actually in the console as Important information about the update

"IMPORTANT NOTE: As a temporary workaround if the update installation is suspended at “Downloading” state for extended period of time, restart the SMS_EXECUTIVE (smsexec) service on the standalone primary or central administration site server (CAS)."

Have you tried that already?

Regards,

Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 10:58 PM
  • Dear Sir,

Restart the service as Jörgen said and take a look at the step-by-step guide please:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/configmgr_geek_speak/2016/03/11/configuration-manager-1511-to-1602-upgrade-walkthrough/

Best regards,

Jimmy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 24, 2016 2:48 AM
  • I was stuck on downloading too. For me I had to redrop the manifest.cab file from UpdatePack back into Easy Payload and restart SMS Executive service.

Ben JohnsonWY

Monday, June 13, 2016 10:36 PM
  • I was stuck on downloading too. For me I had to redrop the manifest.cab file from UpdatePack back into Easy Payload and restart SMS Executive service.

Ben JohnsonWY

Works like a charm!

Thank you.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 4:07 PM
  • I too face same issue , 1602 stuck on downloading , In DMPdownloader.log i can see the last line WARNING: Failed to obtain easy setup payload. Retry in the next polling cycle, hope we can ignore this. 

Ben,Please elaborate the steps "  For me I had to redrop the manifest.cab file from UpdatePack back into Easy Payload and restart SMS Executive service. "

Thursday, July 14, 2016 6:30 PM
  • Taarun:

I had to do this using the offline method. I you did it using online method, your file locations might be a little different.

Find configmgr.update.manifest.cab

For me it was in my serviceconnectiontool folder under UpdatePacks. Copy that into where you sccm program files are. For me that is E:\program files\Microsoft configuration manager\easysetupload

Then restart the SMS Executive Service.

Hope that helps.

Ben JohnsonWY

Thursday, July 14, 2016 7:06 PM
  • Execute Below query on SCCM DB:

exec spCMUSetUpdatePackageState N'0d256560-ed2c-45b5-8d75-4d38ab3f758c' ,262146, N''

Where "0d256560-ed2c-45b5-8d75-4d38ab3f758c" is package name

Monday, September 19, 2016 10:31 AM
  • 0d256560-ed2c-45b5-8d75-4d38ab3f758c.cab is the package name for the 1606 update

609f1263-04e0-49a8-940b-09e0e34de2d2.cab is the package name for the 1602 update

You can determine this from the digital signature timestamp on the package file

• Edited by tmac3931 Wednesday, November 09, 2016 6:32 PM
    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 6:15 PM
  • Most likely this is anti-virus causing the issue. Check your dmpdownloader.log and see if you have any messages like this:

WARNING: Failed to extract the payload cab of package af633310-e419-44b3-9e0e-ab93d57087cf to \\SCCM.domain.com\EasySetupPayload\af633310-e419-44b3-9e0e-ab93d57087cf

We disabled Mcafee AV and restarted the SMS_EXECUTIVE service and it went from "Downloading" to "Available".  There was a whole bunch of positive activity in dmpdownloader.log also.

Shane Curtis

Tuesday, April 04, 2017 1:26 PM
  • Hello,
    I had the same issue updating 1610 to 1702, the installation was tuck in pre-req check or installation, a new program named CMUpdateReset.exe has been released in the new CB 1706 and it is applicable from CB1606, so you can use this new program to solve the update issues (downolading, pre-checking or installation) http://blog.coretech.dk/kea/configuration-manager-current-branch-upgrade-stuck-in-downloading/#comment-647162

I tried to find this new program through internet but no way, so I created a Virtual Machine with fresh installation of SCCM and I was able to install 1706 on it only for retrieving CMUpdateReset.exe, after that I copied CMUpdateReset.exe in the production SCCM and run it with -FDELETE parameter and finally the program cleaned up my SCCM and successfully download and done the update.
    I shared for you the program so you can solve your issue. enjoy!
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/e9ccyz3d2z3eli5/CMUpdateReset.exe?dl=0
    Yazid Mahour
    Monday, August 07, 2017 2:27 PM