none
Text Styles Not Showing Properly... RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Project 2007 SP2 MSO (12.0.6554.5001).  Someone set up the project schedule that I have inherited.

I went into 'Text Styles" and changed the font colors for Critical and Milestone tasks however project is not displaying it.  Sometimes I see the BLUE or RED colors flash for a second but then it returns to BLACK.  What can I do to fix this problem?

Thank you,

Dora

Friday, July 8, 2011 8:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Dora,

I've personally not seen this behavior but my guess may be that so much formatting has been applied to the particular table and/or that it may be corrupt in some way.  So, as a suggestion, rename your existing table through View > tables > More tables.  Copy the currently applied table (likely the Entry table), give it a new name and apply it.  Switch to a view other than the Gantt chart. Then go to Tools > Organizer, click the Table tab and copy the Entry table from the Global.mpt to your current file.  click the Gantt chart view and repeat.

Now, reapply the Gantt chart view and now can you change formatting?

Julie

Friday, July 8, 2011 9:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Dora,

I've personally not seen this behavior but my guess may be that so much formatting has been applied to the particular table and/or that it may be corrupt in some way.  So, as a suggestion, rename your existing table through View > tables > More tables.  Copy the currently applied table (likely the Entry table), give it a new name and apply it.  Switch to a view other than the Gantt chart. Then go to Tools > Organizer, click the Table tab and copy the Entry table from the Global.mpt to your current file.  click the Gantt chart view and repeat.

Now, reapply the Gantt chart view and now can you change formatting?

Julie

Friday, July 8, 2011 9:25 PM
  • Hi Julie

Yes this worked!  :D  

i did the following:

1) Copied my Entry table to 'Entry2'

2) Switched to a different view other then Gantt

3) Copied both the 'Entry' table and "Gantt' view from the gloabl MPT into my current file

4) Changed my view back to Gantt and appied my "Entry2" table.

5) Added my text styles back. (Blue for milestones, Red for Critical Tasks)

Thank you! LOOKS GOOD SO FAR

Regards,

Dora

Thursday, July 14, 2011 8:59 PM
  • Great.  Glad to know rebuilding the view fixed it.  Thanks for the feedback.

Julie

Friday, July 15, 2011 4:48 PM