SCSM 2012: Populate Computer List in Web Portal RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I tried to follow below tutorial:

http://www.windowsmanagementexperts.com/scsm-2012-populate-computer-list-in-web-portal/scsm-2012-populate-computer-list-in-web-portal.htm

and I add my computer details in Configuration items, but when I check on the Web Portal no computer list display:

Sunday, January 28, 2018 7:46 AM

Answers

• It is possible like described in the article you mentioned in your first post.

You need to add the Primary User relationship for each Computer CI. This can be done by SCCM (Connector) or you can add the relationship manually for each computer/user.

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten

Monday, January 29, 2018 4:47 PM
  • Open the Windows Computer CI object and click on "..." of the User Picker. Select the user who is Primary User of the Windows Computer CI. 

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 8:17 AM
  • Please check if "Computer (advanced)" is available if you select "Combination class".

Otherwise it won't work like described in the tutorial.

I have no SCCM in my SCSM environment as well. But I am able to select "Combination class" and "Computer (advanced)" is available as well.

And if I select the "Computer advanced" class I can select "Primary User" and the "Username".

This has nothing to do with the SCCM and the SCCM connector.

The SCCM connector is just adding the Primary User automatically for each Computer CI. But this can be done manually as well (as described above).

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 12:33 PM

All replies

• Note that:

I only tried is to create the Service Offering and instead of Incident I select Service Request. And I did not make the the instruction for SCCM. Is it the cause why no computer display?

Where the system getting the computer list?

Thank you.

Sunday, January 28, 2018 7:48 AM
  • I already display the Windows Computer List. but my question is it possible to display only the computer for the user who login no need to display all the list of computers?

Thank you.

Sunday, January 28, 2018 8:56 AM
  • It is possible like described in the article you mentioned in your first post.

You need to add the Primary User relationship for each Computer CI. This can be done by SCCM (Connector) or you can add the relationship manually for each computer/user.

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten

Monday, January 29, 2018 4:47 PM
  • You need to add the Primary User relationship for each Computer CI. This can be done by SCCM (Connector) - in this part I don't know how to do it.

can add the relationship manually for each computer/user. - How can I add relationship manually?

Thank you.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 6:27 AM
  • Open the Windows Computer CI object and click on "..." of the User Picker. Select the user who is Primary User of the Windows Computer CI. 

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 8:17 AM
  • I already made it, but my concern is in Criteria there is no option to check if the Primary User = to Token Portal Username.

Thank you.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 11:57 AM
  • In the tutorial you posted above it's described how to work with the Primary User realtionship and username token.

But you need to select the right class (type projection)  for this:

• Select "Combination classes" in the right filter.
    • Select "Computer (advanced)" from the list.

From there everything is explained in the tutorial.

It doesn't work if you select the "Windows Computer" class from "Frequently used basic classes"

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 12:07 PM
  • select the "Windows Computer" class from "Frequently used basic classes"

because I don't save SCCM Sir.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 12:13 PM
  • Please check if "Computer (advanced)" is available if you select "Combination class".

Otherwise it won't work like described in the tutorial.

I have no SCCM in my SCSM environment as well. But I am able to select "Combination class" and "Computer (advanced)" is available as well.

And if I select the "Computer advanced" class I can select "Primary User" and the "Username".

This has nothing to do with the SCCM and the SCCM connector.

The SCCM connector is just adding the Primary User automatically for each Computer CI. But this can be done manually as well (as described above).

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 12:33 PM
  • Thank you Sir.

That's what I need :) 

I thought only one can select in Class :)

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 1:06 PM