Looking for help with a Command RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently taking a microsoft client OS class and i need a command that will schedule MSpaint to run at noon. I will be using it on a server in a .bat file to push down to another computer. Was wondering if anyone had any idea what this command would be, thanks in advance!
    Monday, April 29, 2013 2:03 PM

Answers

• Hello Jmmick116,
    you can follow Kartikesh information but AT command is deprecated; you should use SCHTASKS.

That said this is the basic command:

SCHTASKS /Create /SC WEEKLY /D "MON,TUE,WED,THU,FRI" /TN "Microsoft Paint" /TR %SystemRoot%\System32\mspaint.exe /ST 12:00

You can add /S <System> (specifies the remote system to connect to), /U <Username> and /P <Password> parameters to command above to create task on remote systems.

Note: SCHTASKS command should be launched one time (just to add scheduled task).
    I suggest to run SCHTASKS /Create /? to see more options.

Bye,
    Luca

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, April 29, 2013 2:55 PM

All replies

• Hello Jmmick116,
    I hope to understand what you need.

So you could use SCHTASKS command from DOS prompt to schedule MS Paint to run at noon; referencese

Bye,
    Luca

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, April 29, 2013 2:27 PM
  • Yes that is the command that i need, from what i have found that is what i would use, but would would the specific command be that i would put in the .bat file? Thanks for the help and quick response!
    Monday, April 29, 2013 2:35 PM
  • at 12:00 /every:M,T,W,Th,F,S,Su mspaint

Regards, Kartikesh Nadar MCSA 2008, MCTS, VCP, ITILv3 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, April 29, 2013 2:36 PM
  • Hello Jmmick116,
    you can follow Kartikesh information but AT command is deprecated; you should use SCHTASKS.

That said this is the basic command:

SCHTASKS /Create /SC WEEKLY /D "MON,TUE,WED,THU,FRI" /TN "Microsoft Paint" /TR %SystemRoot%\System32\mspaint.exe /ST 12:00

You can add /S <System> (specifies the remote system to connect to), /U <Username> and /P <Password> parameters to command above to create task on remote systems.

Note: SCHTASKS command should be launched one time (just to add scheduled task).
    I suggest to run SCHTASKS /Create /? to see more options.

Bye,
    Luca

Monday, April 29, 2013 2:55 PM