none
Installation of Generic USB Hub

Question

• I accidentally uninstalled one of two Generic USB Hub devices from the Device Manager and now only have one. I now see that that one Hub appears to handle both Bluetooth devices and some plug-in instrumentation I regularly use. I am concerned that the Bluetooth will now draw power from the other device. Can I reinstall the Generic USB Hub I no longer see? 
    • Moved by Richard MuellerMVP Tuesday, March 21, 2017 12:53 PM Not a TechNet Wiki question
    Monday, March 20, 2017 11:01 PM

All replies

• You have asked in the wrong forum. This forum is for questions and discussions about the TechNet Wiki. I will move this question to a more appropriate forum. However, you don't mention your version of Windows.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 12:53 PM
  • Hi ,

Here are some general solutions we can try at least.
    1. Open "Device Manager", click "Scan for hardware changes" button. Check if you can see the the Generic USB Hub now. If so, right click it and update driver software. Check if it works.
    2. If the above method does not help, try to download and install the compatible driver for your Generic USB Hub device from the manufacturer website. Then test again.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 6:38 AM
  • Hi ,

We haven’t heard from you in a couple of days, have you solved the problem? We are looking forward to your good news.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 9:36 AM