none
Unable to view all resources in resource availability view RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

We are facing a weird issue where the respective PMOs are unable to open resource availability view against a particular project. This happens only when the no of resources selected is 53 or more irrespective of the resources themselves.

Below is error from verbose ULS logs:

Application error when access /_layouts/15/PWA/RM/ResAvailability.aspx, Error=Unable to access the resource's availability you are trying to view. It is most likely that either you do not have permissions to view the resource's availability or another user has deleted this resource before you were able to view it.   at Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.PJBasePage.OnPreInit(EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit()     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) 078afe9c-932a-b0df-742f-0cc32325f476

Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: Unable to access the resource's availability you are trying to view. It is most likely that either you do not have permissions to view the resource's availability or another user has deleted this resource before you were able to view it.    at Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.PJBasePage.OnPreInit(EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit()     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) 078afe9c-932a-b0df-742f-0cc32325f476

We also checked using PWA admins, they are also not able to view the same. So pls guide me if there are some kind of restrictions set somewhere on no of resources and we can remove that. Pls note that we are using Sep 2014 CU on Project Server 2013.

Thanks

Mohit

Monday, April 20, 2015 1:31 PM

Answers

• We raised a support ticket with Microsoft for same. It was figured that no of joins operations was getting too large and it was getting blocked. However, this seems to be the limit for our environment for now.

Thanks Mohit

• Marked as answer by mohit.goyal Friday, June 19, 2015 6:53 PM
    Friday, June 19, 2015 6:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Mohit,

Has it been working before? What happened in the meantime? Any operations on the DB, patch installation...?

It looks like Project cannot find the resources in the DB. Can you access the resource assignments from the resource center or you have the same issue than for the resource availability?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Monday, April 20, 2015 1:55 PM
  • No server side changes have been made to environment since December'14. I'm not sure if it has been working before but I think this can be taken as yes as we have not been reported this issue till now. Also I went to resource centre and selected all -> then open resource availability as well as resource assignments, they just opens fine.

Besides this, I checked logs using correlation id and around the repro timings, nothing suspicious in there. I hoped that perhaps verbose logs would reveal id of resource causing conflict, but I was wrong.

Thanks

Mohit

Monday, April 20, 2015 3:01 PM
  • Guys, I checked all view settings in PWA and there does not seem to be any constraints on number of rows that can be fetched. So ideally it should show report of all selected resources rather than limiting view to 52. Can you pls pointer me in some directions so as to indicate why this would be restricted?

Thanks

Mohit

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 8:50 AM
  • Hi Mohit,

I might be completely wrong here. 52nd record in resource selection list might be faulty or currupted. Please try selecting different combination of records. There is no such restriction on fetching number of records in any view. 

Thanks.

Sunday, May 24, 2015 10:41 AM
  • Hi Mohit,

I might be completely wrong here. 52nd record in resource selection list might be faulty or currupted. Please try selecting different combination of records. There is no such restriction on fetching number of records in any view. 

Thanks.

I would have assumed that if it has been so. The same issue is there irrespective of the record combination selected.

Thanks Mohit

Monday, May 25, 2015 3:42 AM
  • We raised a support ticket with Microsoft for same. It was figured that no of joins operations was getting too large and it was getting blocked. However, this seems to be the limit for our environment for now.

Thanks Mohit

• Marked as answer by mohit.goyal Friday, June 19, 2015 6:53 PM
    Friday, June 19, 2015 6:52 PM