Outlook Oauth Support. RRS feed

• Question

• Currently have Outlook 2016. 

Got an email from ATT:

We’re enhancing the security of AT&T Mail. Soon you’ll have to use either OAuth or a secure mail key to get your email through an app. States Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016 are non-oAuth compatible email apps and Windows Mail is oAuth. 

Does Office 2019 and 365 have OAuth support? If not how is OAuth being handled?

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 7:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes, as far as I know, Office 365 does have OAuth support. 

In addition, I found a thread in Outlook UserVoice forum about this and have voted for it. You may also vote for or add your comments to the thread there to submit your feedback

Account OAuth2 signin.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 3:10 AM
  • Hi,

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 24, 2019 8:52 AM
  • Your answer did not answer the Office 2019 part of the question. The Office 2016 link provided provides a place to request to add OAuth to Outlook 2016. Since there is a replacement I do not see a reason to add a comment asking to add OAuth to Outlook 2016. 
    Thursday, October 24, 2019 12:34 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

What I can confirm is that Office 365 does support this feature. Sorry that since I don't have a email account with OAuth and I haven't found any official articles about this, I am not able to help you test whether Office 2019 support OAuth. If possible, it is suggested to install Office 2019 for trial and test yourself.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Monday, October 28, 2019 7:44 AM
  • Hi,

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Friday, November 1, 2019 8:46 AM