Rename Machines with the FCS installed RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have some machines which had the Microsoft Forefront Client Security installed. These machines have been renamed... The Client is still running (Microsoft Forefront Client Security Antimalware Service, Microsoft Forefront Client Security State Assessment Service) ...

But under the console the old name is still in and the new name is not!!!

How to correct this...?

Thanks,
    Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 Support
    Wednesday, May 5, 2010 11:51 PM

Answers

• Hello Felyjos,

Take a look at the following link posted on the FCS Team Blog:

http://blogs.technet.com/fcsnerds/archive/2008/11/12/changing-the-management-group-to-which-an-fcs-client-reports.aspx

If you know the old management serve rname and the FCS group, I personally recommend to use the Command line invocation of the MOM agent by doing so:

Create a .bat file where you copy these commands and modify them as needed:

@MsiExec.exe /I{F692770D-0E27-4D3F-8386-F04C6F434040} /norestart /qn /l*v "C:\windows\logs\MOMAdd.log" CONFIG_GROUP="ActualFCSGroup" CONFIG_GROUP_OPERATION="AddConfigGroup" MANAGEMENT_SERVER="YourManagementServer" AM_CONTROL="Full" REQUIRE_AUTH_COMMN=1 REINSTALL="ALL"
    @MsiExec.exe /I{F692770D-0E27-4D3F-8386-F04C6F434040} /norestart /qn /l*v "C:\windows\logs\MOMRemove.log" CONFIG_GROUP="OldFCSGroup" CONFIG_GROUP_OPERATION="RemoveConfigGroup" MANAGEMENT_SERVER="OldFCSManagementServer" AM_CONTROL="Full" REQUIRE_AUTH_COMMN=1 REINSTALL="ALL"

Regards,

Victor

Please Vote me as Helpful if i did helped you in any way.
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 12:49 PM

All replies

• Hello Felyjos,

Take a look at the following link posted on the FCS Team Blog:

http://blogs.technet.com/fcsnerds/archive/2008/11/12/changing-the-management-group-to-which-an-fcs-client-reports.aspx

If you know the old management serve rname and the FCS group, I personally recommend to use the Command line invocation of the MOM agent by doing so:

Create a .bat file where you copy these commands and modify them as needed:

@MsiExec.exe /I{F692770D-0E27-4D3F-8386-F04C6F434040} /norestart /qn /l*v "C:\windows\logs\MOMAdd.log" CONFIG_GROUP="ActualFCSGroup" CONFIG_GROUP_OPERATION="AddConfigGroup" MANAGEMENT_SERVER="YourManagementServer" AM_CONTROL="Full" REQUIRE_AUTH_COMMN=1 REINSTALL="ALL"
    @MsiExec.exe /I{F692770D-0E27-4D3F-8386-F04C6F434040} /norestart /qn /l*v "C:\windows\logs\MOMRemove.log" CONFIG_GROUP="OldFCSGroup" CONFIG_GROUP_OPERATION="RemoveConfigGroup" MANAGEMENT_SERVER="OldFCSManagementServer" AM_CONTROL="Full" REQUIRE_AUTH_COMMN=1 REINSTALL="ALL"

Regards,

Victor

Thursday, May 6, 2010 12:49 PM
  • Hello,

There is no old Management Server or new one it remains the same it is the Clients which have been renamed... (:

This is working for the transfer from one FCS Management Group to another one but how do I use it to:

Add the new machine to a Management Group, should I use only the first part and run this on the new named machine locally?

I tried on one machine and it passes Desired Management Mode from Unmanaged to Agent-Managed but the Management Mode itself is still Unmanaged and through the right-click on the manchine there is no Group Assigned!!

Remove the old named machine (does not exist anymore as renamed) using the second part of the batch on the Forefront Server as I don't have the old machine anymore?

Also as each clients are members of several groups I will need to run these batches several times for each machine locally...

Thanks,
    Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 Support
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 9:18 PM
  • Hi Dom,

For me it worked as a charm with this option, but for you, if you have a small number of computer and you can uninstall and reinstall the MOM agent directly at the computer or remote.

In the batch file you can put the same servernames and Fcsgroups in the remove and add commands and you can add more lines(commands) for removal if you have the agent assigned to more than 1 group.

Best wishes

Victor

Friday, May 7, 2010 4:57 AM
  • Hello Victor,

I will add more groups as I have three groups so far for the machines concerned...

I have for now 10 servers having been renamed but it is a HUGE practice here when moving severs from one Department to another so I need the idea of the batch file to work. The issue so far is that the batch as to run locally on the machine, let me try again.

As the servers are just renamed I should not have to remove anything but add the new name to the groups only, isn't it?

I don't see C:\Windows\Logs\MOMAdd'log anywhere on the Client or on the Forefront server?

How do you do "Command line invocation of the MOM agent" ? I will check on this...

Where I am confused it what is the Management Server it is he MOM Server or the Local Client Server?

Thanks,

Dom

Friday, May 7, 2010 7:31 PM
  • Felyjos,

I personally use this bat file with psexec like this:

• bat file is on a share, everyone has access to read.
    • if you have a computer list (you can easily use psexec to run the bat file on every computer from the list

The bat content is like this:

@rem Add new MOM connection
    @MsiExec.exe /I{F692770D-0E27-4D3F-8386-F04C6F434040} /norestart /qn /l*v "C:\windows\logs\MOMAdd.log" CONFIG_GROUP="ForefrontH" CONFIG_GROUP_OPERATION="AddConfigGroup" MANAGEMENT_SERVER="s5043" AM_CONTROL="Full" REQUIRE_AUTH_COMMN=1 REINSTALL="ALL"
    @rem Remove old MOM Connection
    @MsiExec.exe /I{F692770D-0E27-4D3F-8386-F04C6F434040} /norestart /qn /l*v "C:\windows\logs\MOMRemove.log" CONFIG_GROUP="ForefrontT" CONFIG_GROUP_OPERATION="RemoveConfigGroup" MANAGEMENT_SERVER="s5037" AM_CONTROL="Full" REQUIRE_AUTH_COMMN=1 REINSTALL="ALL"
    @MsiExec.exe /I{F692770D-0E27-4D3F-8386-F04C6F434040} /norestart /qn /l*v "C:\windows\logs\MOMRemove.log" CONFIG_GROUP="ForefrontK" CONFIG_GROUP_OPERATION="RemoveConfigGroup" MANAGEMENT_SERVER="s1890" AM_CONTROL="Full" REQUIRE_AUTH_COMMN=1 REINSTALL="ALL"
    @MsiExec.exe /I{F692770D-0E27-4D3F-8386-F04C6F434040} /norestart /qn /l*v "C:\windows\logs\MOMRemove.log" CONFIG_GROUP="Forefront K" CONFIG_GROUP_OPERATION="RemoveConfigGroup" MANAGEMENT_SERVER="s1890" AM_CONTROL="Full" REQUIRE_AUTH_COMMN=1 REINSTALL="ALL"
    @MsiExec.exe /I{F692770D-0E27-4D3F-8386-F04C6F434040} /norestart /qn /l*v "C:\windows\logs\MOMRemove.log" CONFIG_GROUP="FCSPK" CONFIG_GROUP_OPERATION="RemoveConfigGroup" MANAGEMENT_SERVER="s1890" AM_CONTROL="Full" REQUIRE_AUTH_COMMN=1 REINSTALL="ALL"
    @MsiExec.exe /I{F692770D-0E27-4D3F-8386-F04C6F434040} /norestart /qn /l*v "C:\windows\logs\MOMRemove.log" CONFIG_GROUP="ForefrontL" CONFIG_GROUP_OPERATION="RemoveConfigGroup" MANAGEMENT_SERVER="s5046" AM_CONTROL="Full" REQUIRE_AUTH_COMMN=1 REINSTALL="ALL"
    @MsiExec.exe /I{F692770D-0E27-4D3F-8386-F04C6F434040} /norestart /qn /l*v "C:\windows\logs\MOMRemove.log" CONFIG_GROUP="ForefrontEM" CONFIG_GROUP_OPERATION="RemoveConfigGroup" MANAGEMENT_SERVER="ts5038" AM_CONTROL="Full" REQUIRE_AUTH_COMMN=1 REINSTALL="ALL"
    @MsiExec.exe /I{F692770D-0E27-4D3F-8386-F04C6F434040} /norestart /qn /l*v "C:\windows\logs\MOMRemove.log" CONFIG_GROUP="ForefrontClientSecurity" CONFIG_GROUP_OPERATION="RemoveConfigGroup" MANAGEMENT_SERVER="ts5038" AM_CONTROL="Full" REQUIRE_AUTH_COMMN=1 REINSTALL="ALL"
    @sc stop mom
    @sc start mom

I run the psexec like this:

psexec @C:\etc\MOM.txt -s -d -e \\s5041\MoveMOM.bat

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 7:23 AM