none
CAPIVSSProvider

Question

• Hi,

Two of our servers are constantly showing the following two errors at least twice a day:
    Log Name: Application
    Source: CAPIVSSProvider
    Event ID: 1
    AND 
    Log Name: Application
    Source: CAPIVSSProvider
    Event ID: 1
    Message: OnLoad(): Cann't find any HBA or Networking Controller. 

Both servers are HP ProLiant DL380 G5 running Windows Server 2008 Standard.
    I wasn’t able to find much information about this error. So any information or ideas on what could be causing this would be great.

Cheers
    Luke 

Thursday, April 17, 2014 12:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I found some similar issue on HP® and Symantec® article, maybe can give you some tips.

The related third party information:

HP StorageWorks MSA 2000 Series VSS/VDS Providers - Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Experiences CAPIVSSProvider Error Messages

A Drive\volume or Hyper-V VSS based backup operation may fail with a VSS Snapshot error.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&pmv=print&viewlocale=&id=S:TECH129767

Hope this helps.

*** This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet. ***

Friday, April 18, 2014 6:16 AM
  • where you able to find anything about this error? I am getting the same error under windows 2012 R2 running Veeam backup with a Broadcom HBA Card. 

Angelo

Monday, June 23, 2014 10:34 AM
  • where you able to find anything about this error? I am getting the same error under windows 2012 R2 running Veeam backup with a Broadcom HBA Card. 

Angelo

I have the same Problem as Angelo: Server 2012 R2 combined with Veeam Backup. 

I didn't find any solution and hope for your replies.... 

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 9:38 AM
  • Same issue here

veeam - hyperv-2012 windows server.

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 11:46 AM
  • I just found this - might help..

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH129767

Monday, February 08, 2016 1:22 PM