none
Directory attributes changed after running robocopy

Question

• Hello -- I am running a robocopy job to mirror my D:  drive (data drive) to
    folder on my external usb drive with 

robocopy d:\ x:\d-drive /mir

after the job finished, the folder x:\d-drive is now hidden and has the system
    attribute ---

Does anyone one know why this happens?
    Sunday, February 4, 2018 12:04 AM

All replies

• Try run,type: diskmgmt.msc  in msc,locate & L.click on drive,go up to actions/all/make active...

Or in cmd,type: DiskPart  in DiskPart  type: list disk  type: list volume,type: HELP for all cmds.

Sunday, February 4, 2018 1:28 AM
  • Hello -- thanks for the reply -- not sure what drive to make  active --- the  D:  drive is  internal in the computer (2nd drive) and the  external drive is  a usb3 drive -- 

both are visible and can be access by the file explorer  -- 

Sunday, February 4, 2018 3:31 AM
  • Hi,

Did all files or folders run robocopy command to copy files to this USB occur this issue?

Please try to use other USB to run the robocopy command to see if the issue still occur.

Or please try to insert your current USB into other PC to see if the issue still occur.

Please check subfolders attribute of that folder in the USB.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 8:23 AM
  • Hello -- Thanks for the info -- All the files copied via robocopy,  just that the   target folder  now has the  "HS"   attributes -- 

This happens  on any (target) usb drive that I use  with the same directory structure  

It seems that the target folder is inheriting the properties if the source drive -- is that possible?  

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 3:21 PM