none
Incorporate Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver into a Windows Small Business Server 2008 Image RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have been trying for the last week to incorporate Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver into a Windows Small Business Server 2008 Image. The reason for doing this, is that we purchased a new Supermicro Server. The problem we have is that the installation halt because there is no support for USB keyboard or mouse.

The Supermicro Server X11SCL-F has a Intel Xeon e-2100 processor onboard.

I have followed the a procedure setup on how to include drivers into a .wim image on a Windows Server 2008 R2.

But every time I get to the adding of the drivers, I get an Error 50:

The command specified is unknown or not supported when running DISM.exe against a Windows Vista with Service Pack 1 or a Windows Server 2008 target image.

For more information, see the Help documentation available in the Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows-AIK) or the Windows OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK).

I have gone back to using ImageX to mount the image and using peimg on a Vista computer to add drivers to the SBS 2008 image. I was able to add the *.inf files, but wen booting the added files makes the image fail.

Regards

Pieter

Monday, September 16, 2019 5:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>The command specified is unknown or not supported when running DISM.exe against a Windows Vista with Service Pack 1 or a Windows Server 2008 target image.
    It seems that your command line does not support the OS version.

DISM Supported Platforms:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/dism-supported-platforms

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 6:23 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang   

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 8:44 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Thursday, September 26, 2019 9:36 AM