SCCM 2012 1610 MIGRATION FROM ONE DOMAIN TO ANOTHER RRS feed

• Question

• The company I work for at the moment are going through a migration, and a new domain has been created. I have been asked to migrate from our current SCCM Infrastructure to the new one. Both Domains have SCCM 2012 R2 1610. I tried to run a migration job yesterday, and thought it best to start with the Task Sequence, I have run it twice now, and it fails! What logs do I check to see where the migration failed? Or is the answer not as simple as that?

Thanks for any help.

Dan

Thursday, March 9, 2017 8:44 AM

Answers

• >> and thought it best to start with the Task Sequence

Not really the best place to start due to the big number of dependencies task sequences usually have which will involve migrating many objects to be able to migrate the task sequence.

In addition the migration logs, you can see the failed objects if you click on Objects in Job in the migration's job details. Off the top of my head, a common reason for this is the new site server computer account not having proper permissions to the source file share in the older domain, logs will tell you more.

• Marked as answer by Danrai Tuesday, November 27, 2018 10:16 AM
    Thursday, March 9, 2017 6:41 PM
  • https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/plan-design/hierarchy/log-files#BKMK_MigrationLog

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 10, 2017 9:55 AM
  • Does the migration fail entirely or only on certain objects? This can happen if you integrated MDT on the source but not the destination.

Gerry Hampson | Blog: www.gerryhampsoncm.blogspot.ie | LinkedIn: Gerry Hampson | Twitter: @gerryhampson

Friday, March 10, 2017 10:08 AM
  • Incidentally, can you clarify your ConfigMgr version please.

SCCM 2012 R2 1610 doesn't exist. If you have Current Branch 1610 then your question should be moved to that forum.

Gerry Hampson | Blog: www.gerryhampsoncm.blogspot.ie | LinkedIn: Gerry Hampson | Twitter: @gerryhampson

• Marked as answer by Danrai Tuesday, November 27, 2018 10:17 AM
    Friday, March 10, 2017 10:10 AM

All replies