none
Problems viewing PerformancePoint webparts in MOSS 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have developed some generic charts using PerformancePoint that I want to display as web parts on my SharePoint site. I can easily add a chart to a page, but if I add the same chart again (so I should have 2 of them displayed) it hides the first chart. If I then delete the 2nd chart, the first one shows up again. Is it intended that you cannot display the same chart twice on the same page? And is it possible to circumvent this behaviour somehow?

The reason why I'd like to do this is because I have made a filter that is connected to the chart, so it would be nice to be able to see two versions of the chart next to each other with different filter settings.

Additionally, is it possible to combine a PerformancePoint Chart and it's filter in the same web part so I can add it to the page as 1 item instead of the chart and filter seperately?

All charts, dashboards and filters are created using Dashboard Designer.

I hope you can help me on this.

Regards,

Michael

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, November 10, 2010 4:23 PM PerformancePoint q (From:SharePoint - Development and Programming (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    • Moved by Heidi Tr - MSFTModerator Wednesday, November 10, 2010 5:19 PM wrong forum (From:Planning)
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 2:07 PM

Answers

• I am not aware of any limitation upon number of times a same report can be added to a dashboard. Therefore should be able to add multiple copies of same report and both should display fine (tried and tested at my end).

You should check the setting of the zone on which you are dropping the reports. Possibly the zone might be set to stacked.

Try adding reports to different zones.

Secondly, I don't think it would be possible to combine all items of PPS chart into 1 webpart.

http://dailyitsolutions.blogspot.com/
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 9:26 AM