none
DPM 2012 Long term backup with disk to disk RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Is it possible to do long term backup to disk in DPM 2012?

So instead of having the long term backup to tape, it would be backed up to disk on a different server.

Is the only solution to use a 3rd party software that can make a disk look like a tape device in DPM?

Lasse

/Lasse

Thursday, October 17, 2013 7:41 AM

Answers

• the only way I am aware of to do this is to use a virtual tape library. Those VTLs are able to use disks thus allowing you to use disk for long term backups. The onlye VTL I know of that works with SCDPM 2012 is Firestreamer. We have it in our environment and it works for dpm 2012.

Thursday, October 17, 2013 9:33 AM

All replies

• the only way I am aware of to do this is to use a virtual tape library. Those VTLs are able to use disks thus allowing you to use disk for long term backups. The onlye VTL I know of that works with SCDPM 2012 is Firestreamer. We have it in our environment and it works for dpm 2012.

Thursday, October 17, 2013 9:33 AM
  • Sroe is correct. the only way to accomplish this is through a VTL like firestreamer.

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.systemcenterportal.com
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Monday, November 4, 2013 6:02 AM