none
Retrieve complete version history for SP2013 lists RRS feed

• Question

• Using PQ, how can I retrieve the complete revision history for all items in an SP2013 list?
    Monday, October 6, 2014 5:19 PM

Answers

• SharePoint 2013 has a fairly extensive OData-based API. If there is an API function that returns this information, it might well be usable from within Power Query. I am not familiar enough with the SharePoint API to know whether this function exists, but if you find documentation for one, we can help you with using it from PQ.
    Tuesday, October 7, 2014 9:54 PM

All replies

• SharePoint 2013 has a fairly extensive OData-based API. If there is an API function that returns this information, it might well be usable from within Power Query. I am not familiar enough with the SharePoint API to know whether this function exists, but if you find documentation for one, we can help you with using it from PQ.
    Tuesday, October 7, 2014 9:54 PM
  • Thanks Curt. Not a super user friendly approach I fear, but appreciate the response. For now, I've taken to raw SQL scripts and SSIS packages to get the content. Optionally including list item revision history in the SP List source would be a very nice feature enhancement
    Friday, October 10, 2014 2:24 PM