Waking up from sleep causes echo/reverb sound effect (win10) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I recently reinstalled windows on a larger ssd and now i have this stupid issue that makes "sleep mode" useless.

I have tried to reinstall the driver, but it doesn't help.

For whatever reason, the sound gets an echo/reverb effect when the system wakes up from sleep. Really annoying.

Can this be fixed?

Thursday, December 14, 2017 6:50 PM

All replies

• I shall suggest you to uninstall,reinstall and update motherboard chipsets and graphic card driver. Visit the support sites of the concerned manufacturers to have them.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Friday, December 15, 2017 12:53 AM
  • Hi Ryder,

After computer awaken from sleep mode, driver will be re-loaded, if this section appears trouble, devices will not work normally.

I suggest to uninstall your audio card from device manager and reboot computer, system will install driver automatically, next, sleep and test again.

If issue still exists, uninstall device and delete driver, download manufacturer driver from official website, install it.

Update system to the latest build 16299.125.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 15, 2017 3:03 AM
  • I shall suggest you to uninstall,reinstall and update motherboard chipsets and graphic card driver. Visit the support sites of the concerned manufacturers to have them.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Doesn't make sense and did not help. the motherboard or graphics card isn't used for playback.
    Saturday, December 16, 2017 12:23 AM
  • Hi Ryder,

After computer awaken from sleep mode, driver will be re-loaded, if this section appears trouble, devices will not work normally.

I suggest to uninstall your audio card from device manager and reboot computer, system will install driver automatically, next, sleep and test again.

If issue still exists, uninstall device and delete driver, download manufacturer driver from official website, install it.

Update system to the latest build 16299.125.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff @microsoft.com.

Please read again: i have reinstalled the driver, but the issue comes back after resuming from sleep.
    Saturday, December 16, 2017 12:25 AM
  • Update: leaving the computer on for 24H makes the issue appear as well. WTH is going on?
    Saturday, December 23, 2017 7:16 PM