Connection to networks shows up as limited or network as unidentified RRS feed

• Question

• Good evening!

Ever since I purchased my laptop with Windows 8 I've been experiencing some weird issues regarding my connectivity. Namely:

The status bar icon showing the network as connected but I have no access to the web.

The network showing up as unidentified.

The connection suddenly turns to limited.

95% of the times that this has happened to me, Troubleshooting shows nothing wrong with my connection. I have tried pretty much every solution I have found on the web, including upgrade (and even downgrade) my drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling Windows etc, but nothing seems to fix that problem. I have found a temporary solution by restarting the Router (which usually takes about 3 tries) and restarting the computer itself. In the second "fix" it takes about 6 restarts before I actually manage to have any internet access and before that happens I get a blue screen with the code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. (not sure if that is connected to the network issue or it's just the result of multiple restarts)

I have no idea whatsoever what could be causing this issue as all other computers in the house are able to connect with ease (Windows XP and Vista), except my two new ones that run windows 8. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

PS. (Issue affects both my Sony Vaio SVE1713W1EB 64Bit and Asus Vivobook F200CA)

• Edited by Erika_Z Tuesday, May 12, 2015 10:50 AM
    Tuesday, May 12, 2015 10:47 AM