none
The term 'Get-DPMJob' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

I have a few DPM PowerShell scripts I want to run, i get the below error for 'Get-DPMJob'.

Any advice is welcome.Thanks.

The term 'Get-DPMJob' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, scri
    pt file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was
    included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
    At line:1 char:11
    + Get-DPMJob <<<<
        + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Get-DPMJob:String) [], CommandN
       otFoundException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException,

• Changed type subashp Tuesday, September 12, 2017 5:50 AM
    • Edited by subashp Friday, September 15, 2017 1:42 PM
    Thursday, September 7, 2017 6:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Subashp,

You will need the DataProtectionManager Module available. This should be installed on the server where System Center Data Protection Manager is installed.

Import-Module DataProtectionManager
    If this is available, you will then have access to all of the DataProtectionManager cmdlets as shown here.

Thanks, Tim. | Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. |

Thursday, September 7, 2017 10:18 AM
  • Thank you for your reply,

I have imported DPM module with the above comments but issue still exists.

I found that "Get-DPMCommand" not listing Get-DPMJob, also there is no Help topic available for Get-DPMJob.

Not sure any extra modules needs to be installed,  i am running below versions

OS version : Win 2008 R2 Enterprise service pack

DPM : DPM 2012

Powershell : Version 3

I have tried executing "Get-DPMJob"  in Powershell and DPM shell, but both gives same error.

Monday, September 11, 2017 9:35 AM
  • Could you please try:

Get-Module DataProtectionManager | Select-Object -ExpandProperty ExportedCommands

This should give you a list of cmdlets that are available in the DataProtectionManager module.

Is Get-DPMJob in the list?

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 1:43 AM
  • Thanks Tim,

Get-DPMJob is not listed, is there any configuration we have to do in DPM.

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 2:56 AM
  • Hmm, odd. I've not used DPM so not sure exactly how to get them.

From 2012 and 2016 it looks like as long as System Center - DPM is installed, it should be available.

https://www.sevecek.com/EnglishPages/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=31 mentions how to do it.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\DPM\DPM\bin\dpmcliinitscript.ps1
    Not sure if that works though as I haven't used it.

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 3:38 AM