none
Cannot see SQL 2008 r2 databases on DPM 2010. RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Team,

We are unable to backup the SQL databases through DPM server since which are not shows on DPM 2010. The agent has been already installed on SQL server and shares, system stats shows can be backup. Please find the below error on sql server.

Sqllib error: System table sys.sysdatabases in SQL Server instance xxxxxxxx is empty.

Error Num : 24581

SQL Writer

Also i have tried following.

sysadmin service role assigned to the  NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM. but it didn't work.

Thank you

Mahesh

Friday, September 21, 2012 11:26 AM

Answers

• whats the account DPM agent is using at the SQL server? is it NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM? check the vss writer service account also for sysadmin sql permission.

• Marked as answer by msactive Monday, October 8, 2012 5:24 PM
    Monday, September 24, 2012 5:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

On your SQL server, you should verify that SQL vss writer is started and then restarted it.

Verify also VSS writers  state in admin command prompt:

vssadmin list writers

Stephane

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. knowledge is valid only if it is shared by All.

Saturday, September 22, 2012 9:58 AM
  • Hi,

I have check the vss writer. which is started and then i restarted it again. also i ran the following command and the check the volume shadow copy service administrative command line which says no error on all rows. but still cannot see on dpm server

Saturday, September 22, 2012 4:21 PM
  • whats the account DPM agent is using at the SQL server? is it NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM? check the vss writer service account also for sysadmin sql permission.

• Marked as answer by msactive Monday, October 8, 2012 5:24 PM
    Monday, September 24, 2012 5:39 PM
  • Thanks for the solution. what i did was i have added the dpmadmin user accountant to the vss writer.

Monday, October 8, 2012 5:27 PM
  • We are using DPM 4.2 from Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 to backup SQL Server databases.  We can see the SQL Server instance and some of the databases inside it, but not all of them.  And the "Refresh" button below the list is greyed out.  We found our solution at the link below.  Basically, you have to close down the dialog and reopen it and before expanding the items beneath the server in question, click on the top-level SQL server and then we were able to press "Refresh," whereupon all the databases were displayed after we expanded the sub-items beneath the server.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cb348256-7ed5-4d6b-a018-ea2a61d8fbad/update-data-source-refreshing-to-clear-cash-is-greyed-out-dpm-2012-r2-ur5?forum=dataprotectionmanager&prof=required

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 6:17 PM