none
IE 11 Keep Frazing when going to some sites RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When I go to some site My IE 11 keep frazing.

• http://techcrunch.com/gallery/15-hidden-features-tucked-away-in-ios-9/
    • dailymail.co.uk

You be on these site for comple of minutes it will fraze and you can do anything until you force the IE 11 to close.

I try same sites in Firefox and other browser and they work without any problems.

I'm using

• Windows 7 Enterprise 64bite
    • IE 11

My PC is all upto date.

These are the things I have tried.

• Internet Explorer without addon (Still same problems)
    • Internet Explorer with Disabled Complements (Still same problem)
    • Reset IE
    • Tick Use Software Rendering
    • Reset all Zones to Default level

• Edited by lalaJee Friday, September 18, 2015 6:55 AM
    Thursday, September 17, 2015 12:03 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

both the sites you quoted use Flash and third-party content.
    First Run Windows update to ensure you have the latest security patches.

and Start>Control Panel>Adobe Flash>Update tab.

Turn on Tracking Protection and ActiveX filtering (Tools menu in IE).

Further technical information about the crash can be found in the Windows event viewer. (Start>Event Viewer>Windows>Internet Explorer

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Monday, September 21, 2015 12:06 AM
  • Already update Flash and java
    Monday, September 21, 2015 6:32 AM

• Hi LalaJee,

Please try to run the Internet Explorer troubleshooter to fix the problems and check if any helps:

Fix Internet Explorer add-on problems when IE hangs or freezes

If the tool cannot fix the issue, I recommend you try to reinstall IE and check again.

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Niko.Cheng Monday, September 21, 2015 8:36 AM
    Monday, September 21, 2015 8:36 AM
  • I run the tool and it didnt find any problems.

This is happen on all 3000 PC.

I cant remove and reinstall for all 3000 PC.

I just dont understand what has change in last 3 weeks which have caseud this

Monday, September 21, 2015 9:08 AM
  • is they any tool I can run on PC to find out exactly what is causing the IE to crash or freez
    Monday, September 21, 2015 9:14 AM
  • is they any tool I can run on PC to find out exactly what is causing the IE to crash or freez

Crashes are quite different from freezes but they might be the easiest to diagnose.  E.g. sometimes it is sufficient just to notice what is loaded at the same time.  You can get that information from the Report.WER for the crash. 

As for your freezes look at your symptoms in detail.  For example, is it just a tab that stops responding?  E.g. can you clone the tab with Ctrl-k and continue with the same page that way? 

And what all can't be done?  E.g. I often get "stuck" on these forums which I could imagine that some users might consider was severe enough to be called "a freeze" but definitely is not because there are still elements active on the window (if not the page) and often there are even surprising workarounds available.  E.g. when a page in these forums stops scrolling it is often enough (and possible) to do a Find (Ctrl-f or F3) for something that would make it scroll.  Then it will return to normal function.  Etc.

Otherwise, supposedly there are netsh traces available for browser related components but I have not seen anyone document how to use them.  In any case at least I would expect to be able to use them in conjunction with a ProcMon trace to help break up that trace with more hopefully relevant detail.

All of the above would assume a fault in IE; however, I just noticed that your symptom description does not necessarily imply that.  E.g. you are referring to specific sites without saying whether you can open more tabs for other sites when it is discovered that the site is hung.  In that case, just doing some HTTP tracing and perhaps Javascript tracing may be enough to help indicate where the problem lies.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Monday, September 21, 2015 11:32 AM
    Answerer
  • When Freeze happens I cant do anything with that IE session. I have to force it to close using task manager and this happens on all of the PCs.

Also I notic somthing else. When Access any Microsoft site with IE it takes around 40-60 second to open a page but in firefox or other browser it takes between 1-5 second.

Monday, September 21, 2015 11:49 AM
  • I download the DebugDiag and assign IE process to to take some logs.

Please see the results from IE logs.

http://1drv.ms/1WdmQ3q

I also Downgrade the IE 11 to 8 but problem is still they.

Monday, September 21, 2015 1:13 PM
  • I also Downgrade the IE 11 to 8 but problem is still they.

Those are amazing.  Do you have any examples of the IE11 case?  With current maintenance?  Both .mht files seem only about old versions of mshtml.dll

File Version: 8.00.7601.18667 (win7SP1_GDR_escrow.141120-1734)

and (current?) kernelbase.dll

File Version: 6.1.7601.18939 (win7sp1_gdr.150722-0600)

I wish we still had the DLL Help Database.  It was so much easier doing analysis about module versions with it.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Monday, September 21, 2015 2:08 PM
    Answerer
  • I have reinstall the IE11 again and I will see how it goes and collect the logs again.

But in IE 11 logs I was keep seeing MSHTML.dll

I just upload logs for IE11
    • Edited by lalaJee Monday, September 21, 2015 2:40 PM
    Monday, September 21, 2015 2:15 PM
  • But in IE 11 logs I was keep seeing MSHTML.dll

I didn't notice that.  I think this is the most significant symptom you have now  0xe06d7363 

(coincidently that would represent  àmsc )

Others have done some diagnosis on that tack

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/d02d1074-47c1-4df6-9264-03d306039b92/need-help-kernelbasedll-crashes?forum=wcf

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Monday, September 21, 2015 4:02 PM
    Answerer