touchscreen problem - windows dont reconoize my touch screen RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have the following problem:
    Windows 7 don't recognize my touch screen.
    It all started when my harddrive crashed, and I had to replace it. - the old drive had a pre-installed vista on it, including a HP recovery drive (2 partitions).
    Since I didn't have any CD/DVD with windows on, i downloaded WIN 7 RC. The installation went without problems - great operating system by the way.
    The only problem is that it didn't find the touchscreen. I've searched everywere but can't find any drivers. I can open "tablet PC" via control panel, and I all so get the "calibrate screen" and "configure - setup". But when I tab the screen to set it as a touchscreen nothing happens.
    The display options says: "Nvidia default flat panel" and in "screen resolution - monitor - monitor type" i is set to generic PnP monitor.

I found here on technet (see link below) that you can force windows to set up as a tablet pc via regedit :
    "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Tablet PC  - Change the values in DeviceKind and IsTabletPC to 1" - this dosen't work - I get the following message; " cannot edit DeviceKind / IsTabletPC: error writing the valvue's new content"

There is no drivers on HP's website.
    The computer is a HP PAVILLION entertainment PC tx 1000 (tx1151ea)??

how do i get the touchscreen to work.
    Monday, August 24, 2009 5:28 PM

Answers

• It didn't work. "fatal error no device detected" - seems I don't have the N-TRIG screen.
    I all so tried to upgrade the bios to the latest version. - Same result, still won't recognize the touch screen.
    Tanks anyway - if you have any other ideas, please write.
    Morten
    Hi Morten

I would recommend that you ask about this problem on the HP support forums for that system. I know that HP is agressively supporting Windows 7 and they are the only source for those touch screen drivers.

TX series notebooks - HP Support Forum

Let us know what you find.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP

• Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Wednesday, September 16, 2009 9:21 AM
    Friday, September 11, 2009 4:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Try to update BIOS to the latest version so as to support touch screen in Windows 7.

Best Regards.
    Dale Qiao
    Friday, August 28, 2009 5:02 AM
  • Hi Munken

If this is a HP Touchsmart tx2 series system, HP has stated that they will not be providing support with updated drivers/software for these systems until after the general availability date for Windows 7.

The following drivers are available now on N-Trig’s website. N-Trig is the company that makes the digitizer in these PCs.

(you should read the release notes, there are some limitations, like no pen support that you should be aware of and how to switch between Windows Vista and Windows 7).
    Please also note these are beta drivers and are not supported by HP or Microsoft.

Hope this helps.

Ronnie Vernon MVP

• Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Tuesday, September 1, 2009 12:53 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Dale Qiao Wednesday, September 16, 2009 9:21 AM
    Friday, August 28, 2009 6:33 AM
  • It didn't work. "fatal error no device detected" - seems I don't have the N-TRIG screen.
    I all so tried to upgrade the bios to the latest version. - Same result, still won't recognize the touch screen.
    Morten
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 4:39 PM
    Morten
    Hi Morten

I would recommend that you ask about this problem on the HP support forums for that system. I know that HP is agressively supporting Windows 7 and they are the only source for those touch screen drivers.

TX series notebooks - HP Support Forum

Let us know what you find.

Ronnie Vernon MVP

• Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Wednesday, September 16, 2009 9:21 AM
    Friday, September 11, 2009 4:11 PM