reporting services point install not starting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a site that consists of a CAS and Primary site.  SRS is working fine in the CAS but the install of the Reporting Services Point on the Primary server doesnt seem to start - the log just states it's aware the role is to be installed on the site server abd it will retry in 60 minutes if it hasnt started, but then just sits there.

Both the CAS and PRI sites have the reporting services on the same SQL server in seperate instances.  I'm sure there's no issue with multiple SRS instances on the same server, so any ideas why the install wont start?  SRS is configured on both instances and URL's work fine.

• Edited by The Fair Friday, June 15, 2012 3:29 PM
    Friday, June 15, 2012 3:03 PM

All replies

• Why do you want to install another SRSRP on the primary if it's already on the CAS?

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Saturday, June 16, 2012 3:05 PM
  • because the customer has requested the ability to run reports from both sites
    Monday, June 18, 2012 8:35 AM
  • Did you get anywhere with this?
    Thursday, November 22, 2012 2:47 PM
  • Hi,

I have the same configuration in my test environment and the same behaviour. Reporting services point on CAS installs without problems, but Reporting Services point on Primary site server (SQL server Reporting instance choosen is not the same used for CAS) doesn't.

Can someone from MS clarify if this configuration is supported?

Monday, February 11, 2013 8:44 AM