none
Recovering an Exchange database on another hardware... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all;

I have an Exchange 2003 Server in our domain. Now I have replaced its functionality by another third-party software. So I have disconnected it temporary from the network and keep it active if someone needs its mailbox (so I can connect it to the network again).

I have DPM 2012 in my domain and so protected the Exchange Server with it. Now my question is that if I uninstall the Exchange Server from the server (to use the hardware for other services and applications), in the case of requiring some mails from the unisnatalled Exchange Server, can I install the Exchange Server again (in another hardware or maybe in virtualized environment) and recover the backed up data to it?

Thanks

Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you and remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:48 AM

All replies

• Hello,

To Exchange Server Recovery tool is excellent tool for exchange server database and without any alteration and loss in an exact manner. That tool can be recover and migrate mailbox any corruption situations.

Features:

1) It can be quickly and fastly recovers damaged database of emails with best speed
    2) It can also recover deleted and damaged items of Exchange 2003, 2007 and 2010 version
    For more information read this blog this blog is very excellent and all steps are very secure and informative:
    http://exchangeservermigration.blogspot.com

Monday, August 19, 2013 6:14 AM
  • Hi ,

If you have taken system state and bare metal backup then it will be easy to recover .

else you need to build the server with Same name and do the recovery process on temporary Recovery database  then need to Restore mailbox from it.

Thanks

Sunday, August 25, 2013 2:40 PM
  • From a straight DPM perspective, if you have a backup you should be able to restore to a network location on any server that has a DPM agent installed from that DPM server.  You can then use Exchange tools to complete the restore on the Exchange side(assuming you have followed the requirements needed for Exchange)

Andy

Regards, A.Nadar, This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, August 29, 2013 2:51 AM