Having problems with Vista and Creative Soundblaster Xtreme Gamer RRS feed

• Question

• Customer received system, first powered it up, sound worked for a minute. It crashed (Loud screech from speakers), reinstalled the sound driver, wouldn't recognize the card, reseated it, recognized card drivers did install, crashed again. Sent customer new replacement card, installed it, everything worked, reminsance of old driver caught on, it worked for a few minutes and it crashed. Tryed reinstalling drivers, got INPUT DEVICE NOT FOUND or INPUT DEVICE NO WORKING. Took it out again, uninstalled all drivers, inserted card and tryed reinstalling drivers and same errors persisted. By all means if you think it would be best for me to contact either Creative or Microsoft about this issue let me know! I appreciate all of your help in advance. Power Supply: 750W Thermaltake (SLI Compatible) (Silent Toughpower Edition) Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz (1066MHz Front Side Bus) (4MB Cache) Motherboard: eVGA Core 2 Quad (Chipset: nForce 680i) (SLI Compatible) (Quad Core Conroe) Memory: 4GB DDR2 Super Talent at 800MHz (Dual Channel) (High-Performance) Floppy / Media: Sony 1.44MB Floppy (Black Edition) Hard Drive 1: 150GB Western Digital Raptor (10K RPM) (16MB Cache) (SATA) (Extreme Speed) Hard Drive 2: - No Thanks Raid Option: - No Thanks Optical Drive 1: Sony DVD-ROM/CD-ROM (DVD Reader 16x / CD Reader 40x) Optical Drive 2: Sony DVD±R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 18x / CD-Writer 48x) Connectivity: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections) Modem: - No Thanks Video Card: 2x SLI Dual (nVidia GeForce 8800GTS 640MB (By: eVGA) (PCI-Express) TV Tuner: - No Thanks Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer (Up to 7.1 Channel) (Recommended) Physics Card: - No Thanks Cooling: Extreme Liquid Chilled (CPU Enhanced Performance Tuning) (Artic Blue Coolant) Case Lighting: Blizzard Internal Lighting (Blue Edition) (Cold Cathode Tubes) Cabling: Enhanced Interior Air Flow (Optical Drive & Floppy Cables (Blue Edition) Windows OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
    Tuesday, April 17, 2007 9:37 PM

All replies

• i have  a new quad core cpu from gateway- vista ultimate, soundblaster x-fi extreme music card PCI-E, and I installed nvidia 7950gt  PCI-E, and get BSOD syndrome after system warms up. disable soundcard driver and all problem go away. reinstalled original graphics card and same thing. Gateway sent me a new card and card worked for about 30 minutes and then cronic BSOD. seems to happen when system warms up. disable soundcard driver and all is well. Creativelabs SUCKS ! They are not telling us about their problems, and gateway is still pushing the card out the door ! Now waiting to see what gateway does.
    Saturday, April 21, 2007 12:34 PM
  • It amazes me sometimes that this commuinity is soo closed mouthed about problems with SB hardware.  I don't know if you have found out anything from Creative, but I have the same card and when I talked to them a month ago, I was told essentually, I was on my own for the card and thier drivers working correctly. 

Since then I have tried the same card on 3 different motherboards, all with different chipsets and ALLL have had one or more problems with Creatives drivers.  If you search you may find some threads about the Aopen sound drivers that Creative is trying to use instead of fixing thier drivers. 

In my humble opion, if you buy Creative and use Vista, at least until close to the end of the year, you will have problems with them

Glenn

Monday, May 14, 2007 6:35 PM