Skype for Business Basic 2016 not saving conversations to Outlook 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In my organization few users have few different problems with Skype for Business Basic 2016 not saving conversations to Outlook 2010 and they are as below.

1. In Skype conversation it is showing "We saved this conversation. You'll see it soon in the Conversations tab in Skype for Business and in the Conversation History folder in Outlook." but it is not showing in Outlook Conversation history folder.

2. For few users Skype not saving conversations to Outlook.

3. For few users only few chats are saving and few are missing.

4. For few users recently contacted persons history is not showing.

Note:- We have installed the Skype 3 days back, from then the above issues are bugging us.

Can anyone help me over this.

Thursday, September 6, 2018 12:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Naveen,

Would suggest you update the latest service pack for Office.

Then, would you please let us know if you have checked the EWS and MAPI status?

Please hold on Ctrl key and right click Skype for Business icon in the taskbar, click configuration information feature. On the open page check if MAPI status is OK.

If the status shows a “MAPI unavailable”, please refer to this guide to resolve accordingly: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3147130/mapi-unavailable-error-in-skype-for-business-2016-client

Besides, if you have too many folders in your Outlook account, it would be hard for EWS to process the request. Generally there is a 1000 folder limit for EWS requests.

Please also make sure the SFB client options are configured to save the conversation history. You can see the specific snapshot of the setting interface as below:

From server side, we suggest you check if there are any event logs in event viewer. If it really has issue on server deployment, then the event ID could help investigate more efficiently.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they are helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Calvin-Liu Friday, September 7, 2018 5:40 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Calvin-Liu Tuesday, September 25, 2018 9:40 AM
    Friday, September 7, 2018 5:36 AM
  • Even though that option ticked, conversations are saving.
    Monday, September 10, 2018 8:03 AM
  • Hi Naveen,

How is the MAPI status? Is it connected to Outlook successfully?

If the status shows a “MAPI unavailable”, please refer to this guide to resolve accordingly:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3147130/mapi-unavailable-error-in-skype-for-business-2016-client

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they are helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 8:34 AM
  • Hi Calvin,

Thanks for the reply, I tried to the updates which are mentioned in above link and my machine is saying it is already updated. However my EWS status is "EWS is not fully initialized" and my chats are not saving to Outlook, but in skype it is showing "We saved this conversation. You'll see it soon in the Conversations tab in Skype for Business and in the Conversation History folder in Outlook."

Best Regards,

Naveen Ch.

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 10:31 AM
  • Hi Naveen,

EWS isn’t enabled will make conversation history fail to save.

Please try to run the following Exchange command line as administrator to make sure the EWS is enabled for the users:

Get-casmailbox <smtp> | fl EWSEnabled

You could refer to the following article for more details:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/3120929/lync-skype-for-business-client-can-t-connect-with-exchange-in-office-3

Please feel free to let me know if any.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Thursday, September 13, 2018 10:01 AM
  • Hi Naveen,

Is there any update or other assistance you might need on this issue?

If the reply gives you some help, please try to mark it as an answer and it will help others who has similar issue. :)

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 10:12 AM