none
July 14 2014 CU update workflow is not working RRS feed

• Question

• July 14, 2015, cumulative update for SharePoint Server 2013 (KB3054937) 

after this update sharepoint 2013 workflow is not working any suggestion please

Thursday, August 13, 2015 12:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Veeresh,

For your issue, I suggest you update to the latest cu and compare whether the issue is solved.

From the following article,, you can find the latest cu:

http://www.toddklindt.com/blog/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=346

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 14, 2015 3:26 AM
  • very serious error:

when i was trying to install new Cu released on August 2015 from above link as per your suggestion

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3055003

during half of the installation got error "unable to install" then hole SharePoint server crashed . now i am not able to access any sharepoint site.

please help me out how to resolve

Friday, August 14, 2015 2:43 PM
  • Hi Veeresh,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3055003

This is the security update for Office Web Apps Server 2013, not for SharePoint 2013.

The following link is the august 2015 cu for SharePoint 2013:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3055009

For your issue, I suggest you uninstall the security update for Office Web Apps Server 2013.

Then rerun SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard:

http://www.nobadthing.com/installing-a-sharepoint-2013-dev-environment-sharepoint-configuration-wizard/

Restart IIS.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 2:16 AM
  • sorry it was wrong url pasted :

i installed below update:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48560 

now sp1 August 2015 installed successfully but still workflow is not working 

Faulting application name: Microsoft.Workflow.ServiceHost.exe, version: 1.0.20922.0, time stamp: 0x505e1b24
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16864, time stamp: 0x531d34d8
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000047b8c
    Faulting process id: 0x3018
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d0d9c8ff0ce0c0
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Workflow Manager\1.0\Workflow\Artifacts\Microsoft.Workflow.ServiceHost.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 44d0a10d-45bc-11e5-9449-0050568d5b9d
    Faulting package full name: 
    Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 8:35 AM
  • Hi,

I have installed August 2015 cu in my SharePoint 2013, at first, I got the same issue with you.

During half of the installation I got an error "unable to install",  then the hole SharePoint server crashed.

Open IIS->application pools->start each application pool->restart IIS, the SharePoint server is working.

After that I restarted the SharePoint server and installed August 2015 cu again, run SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard, this time I installed the cu successfully.  .

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 1:38 AM
  • yes i did the same and able to install service pack but still no luck on workflow side same error:

aulting application name: Microsoft.Workflow.ServiceHost.exe, version: 1.0.20922.0, time stamp: 0x505e1b24
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16864, time stamp: 0x531d34d8
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000047b8c
    Faulting process id: 0x3018
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d0d9c8ff0ce0c0
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Workflow Manager\1.0\Workflow\Artifacts\Microsoft.Workflow.ServiceHost.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 44d0a10d-45bc-11e5-9449-0050568d5b9d
    Faulting package full name: 
    Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 8:24 AM
    • i deleted all site collection to stop all running workflows
    • removed farm from service bus and workflow manager
    • uninstalled both service bus and its CUS 
    • uninstalled both workflow manager CU and workflow manager

then did fresh installation of workflow manger and service bus with all latest update

and able to join workflow and service to farm then getting some error in workflow logs:

Error 1:

Dispatcher encountered an unexpected exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Microsoft.Activities.Dispatcher.DispatchLoopInstanceAsyncResult.SystemSuspendSessionOnFailedConfiguration(String suspensionReason)
       at Microsoft.Activities.Dispatcher.DispatchLoopInstanceAsyncResult.SystemSuspendSession(String suspensionReason, SystemSuspendType suspendType)
       at Microsoft.Activities.Dispatcher.DispatchLoopInstanceAsyncResult.Isolate(AsyncCompletion callback, IAsyncResult result)
       at Microsoft.Activities.Dispatcher.DispatchLoopInstanceAsyncResult.Isolate(AsyncCompletion callback, IAsyncResult result)
       at Microsoft.Activities.Dispatcher.DispatchLoopInstanceAsyncResult.ExceptionHandlingFrame(IAsyncResult result)

Error2:

Dispatcher encountered an unexpected exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Microsoft.Activities.Dispatcher.DispatchLoopInstanceAsyncResult.SystemSuspendSessionOnFailedConfiguration(String suspensionReason)
       at Microsoft.Activities.Dispatcher.DispatchLoopInstanceAsyncResult.SystemSuspendSession(String suspensionReason, SystemSuspendType suspendType)
       at Microsoft.Activities.Dispatcher.DispatchLoopInstanceAsyncResult.ExceptionHandlingFrame(IAsyncResult result)

Error3:

Dispatcher failfast is causing the Workflow Manager backend to terminate. Exception: System.AggregateException: The dispatcher failure rate has reached 11%. InnerException is the last failure; see traces for other failures. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Microsoft.Activities.Dispatcher.DispatchLoopInstanceAsyncResult.ExceptionHandlingFrame(IAsyncResult result)<---

Thursday, August 20, 2015 10:36 AM