none
Error 1355 between two domains. RRS feed

• Question

• I know there are some similiar questions on here but they didn't seem to give an answer that was relevant to my problem.

I've got FIM running on Server 2008R2 and AD with Exchange running on another Server 2008SP2. At this point all I want to do is import the users from AD into the FIM. I've set up the FIM MA to connect to AD using explicit IP addreses in the management agent properties. It seems to connect correctly here, it populates the directory partitions selection correctly. The problem occurs when I attempt an import. The error is 1355 no-start-connection. I've connected to AD using AdsiEdit from the FIM server and that works fine, allowing me to read, create and delete users. So I don't know what the problem could be in FIM. Any help would be much apreciated.

Cheers

• Edited by Dan_Walters Tuesday, November 16, 2010 11:40 PM spelling
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 11:38 PM

Answers

• I found that my problem was not specifying a preffered domain controller. I added the IP address of the exchange/AD server to the preferred Domain Controllers list in the Management Agent properties | Configure Directory Partitions and the import worked correctly after that.
    • Marked as answer by Dan_Walters Wednesday, November 17, 2010 12:15 AM
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 12:15 AM