none
SBS 2011 shut down issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, 

We setup a new computer with Windows 2012 R2, and demoted my SBS2011 server.  The SBS2011 hosts a CRM for us and a mail server (not MS Exchange).   We keep having an issue where it would shut down, and discovered that because it wasn't the DC for the AD, it was shutting down during a licensing check.  We don't use it for AD at all, it is simply used to host two applications (since they require some kind of server and Windows 2008 servers are too old).

From what I can gather, this is by design, where it checks to see if it is the master DC.   There are mentions of a download that can update the licensing for the SBS2011, but I can't seem to find it, anyone know where I can pick up this update?

Thanks!

Friday, September 20, 2019 1:51 PM

All replies

• HI
     There are mentions of a download that can update the licensing for the SBS2011, but I can't seem to find it, anyone know where I can pick up this update?
    unfortunately ,this update for SBS2011 is not exsit,becasue SBS2011 must host full fsmo .when we demoted  our SBS2011 server ,we must remove original SBS2011 server from our network.so if we not do that, on the 21st day of continued non-compliance, the server will shut down until the administrator reboots the server.so we need to migrate all application or other function to new destination server ASAP.

we can download the license limit instruction from below link.
    Windows Small Business Server _2011 Standard_English.pdf
    Windows Small Business Server_2011 Essentials_English.pdf
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/useterms

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, September 21, 2019 1:27 AM
  • HI
    Is there any progress on your question?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 23, 2019 6:51 AM
  • HI

Is there anything to help you?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 6:17 AM