Programs abruptly minimize RRS feed

• Question

• I have a recently purchased Dell Inspiron 580 with Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) installed. Pretty much from the beginning I've had a strange problem: I'll be on Internet Explorer, Word or Firefox and the program will suddenly minimize for no apparent reason. It just happened while I was signing in here on IE! The program doesn't end, it just minimizes, and I'll find myself staring at the desktop. Can anyone please suggest a solution to this? Dell Support is stumped.
    Friday, March 18, 2011 1:02 AM

Answers

• Do you accidentally touch the touchpad? Try to disable it in the Touchpad driver options and look if the programs still minimize.

André

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Want to install RSAT on Windows 7 Sp1? Check my HowTo: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=150221
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Monday, March 28, 2011 2:58 AM
    Friday, March 18, 2011 1:13 PM
  • Windows-M or Windows-D minimizes all windows.  Maybe you're doing it by accident or a key is stuck, like the Windows key.

Friday, March 18, 2011 5:08 PM

All replies

• Do you accidentally touch the touchpad? Try to disable it in the Touchpad driver options and look if the programs still minimize.

André

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Want to install RSAT on Windows 7 Sp1? Check my HowTo: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=150221
    Friday, March 18, 2011 1:13 PM
  • Windows-M or Windows-D minimizes all windows.  Maybe you're doing it by accident or a key is stuck, like the Windows key.

Friday, March 18, 2011 5:08 PM
  • I have the smae problem with my new PC (Windows 7 Professional).  Did you find a solution?

kschup

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:38 PM