none
Free Busy only in OWA but not in Outlook

    Question

  • Hi,

    I have a SBS2011 here, so running Exchange 2010.

    I have clients with Outlook 2010.None of the Outlook users can see Free/Busy information, only a message "Free/Busy times cannot be read. Server location cannot be found." (translated from German)

     

    Funny enough, in OWA it works all fine.

     

    What is wrong here?

     

    Regards

    Stefan


    Regards Stefan
    Monday, October 31, 2011 6:23 PM

Answers

  • Hi,

     

    thanks for the ideas, they pointed me in the right direction.

    The setup in Exchange as well as in Outlook was 100% fine, but I though about checking the availability of the remote.contoso.com... adresses.

    Until now I only checked via PING and this worked fine, but when I now checken with IE, it didn't.

    Simple as could be, it was just a missconfiguration in my Proxy-Setup. I now added the adress to be available without proxy and it works fine now.

     

    Thanks

    Stefan


    Regards Stefan
    • Marked as answer by birdies72 Tuesday, November 1, 2011 11:30 AM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 11:30 AM

All replies

  • can you open up an Exchange Managment Shell and run the following commands? 

    Get-AutodiscoverVirtualDirectory | FL = make sure the internal and external domain names say

    https://remote.contoso.net/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml

    Then run

    Get-WebServicesVirtualDirectory | fl and make sure the internal and external addresses are

     https://remote.contoso.net/EWS/Exchange.asmx

    and finally, get-oabvirtualdirectory | FL

    that should be https://Remote.contoso.net/OAB

     


    Jeremy
    Monday, October 31, 2011 6:42 PM
  • Hi,

     

    From the problem description, I understand that Outlook 2010 users were unable to view the Free/Busy Information. However, it works properly in the OWA.

     

    Just like the Mapi_Jeremy mentioned, we could get the virtual directories to verify the settings are correct on the server. At the same time, I suggest that you could collect the Test E-mail AutoConfiguration on the Outlook 2010 to verify the URLs returned from the server.

     

    At the same time, since the OWA works properly. I suggest that you could verify the version of the Outlook. Please make sure that the Outlook 2010 is the latest version.

     

    If you would like to use the Internet Free/Busy feature in Outlook, there is a link for your reference:

     

    Title: How to use the Internet Free/Busy feature in Outlook

    URL: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291621

     

    Regards,

    James
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 9:29 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi,

     

    thanks for the ideas, they pointed me in the right direction.

    The setup in Exchange as well as in Outlook was 100% fine, but I though about checking the availability of the remote.contoso.com... adresses.

    Until now I only checked via PING and this worked fine, but when I now checken with IE, it didn't.

    Simple as could be, it was just a missconfiguration in my Proxy-Setup. I now added the adress to be available without proxy and it works fine now.

     

    Thanks

    Stefan


    Regards Stefan
    • Marked as answer by birdies72 Tuesday, November 1, 2011 11:30 AM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 11:30 AM