SM Portal display issue while creating incident classification with child items RRS feed

• Question

• Hii,,

We need to create some incident classification with child items. After creating classification with child items, portal is not showing the classification properly and the page display not showing properly. i.e. showing a block with drop down instead of simple drop down as same as for urgency. Please find the snapshot and suggest..

Regards, Syed Fahad Ali

Thursday, January 29, 2015 4:34 AM

All replies

• The portal flattens those lists, so sadly this is normal behaviour. I would assume it sorts the list according to ordinal which means you may be able to atleast get a list in the correct order. 

ex. Ordinal in paranthesis

1. Hardware (1)
    1.1 Printers (3)
    2. Software (2)
    2.1 Windows (4)

I would expect this list to be flattened into

Hardware
    Software
    Printers
    Windows

You see? In order to edit ordinal you would have to edit the list manually in XML. Tons of ressources on how to do that. 

Cheers,

Anders Spælling

Senior Consultant

Blog:   Twitter:   LinkedIn:   

Please remember to 'Propose as answer' if you find a reply helpful

Thursday, January 29, 2015 6:50 AM
  • In my case, its not flattens the list. However, its shows the list with the child items, but the only issue is the display problem, its display like same as highlighted in above post. when we open the portal, the page is opening same as above.

Regards, Syed Fahad Ali

Thursday, January 29, 2015 7:01 AM
  • I am unable to understand what the problem is then?

Cheers,

Anders Spælling

Senior Consultant

Thursday, January 29, 2015 8:53 AM
  • ok. when i open the SM portal the page is look likes below.

You can see the category shows proper drop down with a single line "PC Problem".

But, when i added any category with child items, the display look likes as first post snap, with a large box including a different drop down.

Hope this will clear the scenario.

Regards, Syed Fahad Ali

Thursday, January 29, 2015 9:04 AM
  • I'm pretty sure this is "how it is supposed to work". Maybe someone else can chime in? I rarely use lists with child items on the portal.

Cheers,

Anders Spælling

Senior Consultant

Thursday, January 29, 2015 9:12 AM