none
show details throws error in pps - sharepoint 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a report developed in PPS and the same is deployed in Sharepoint 2010.

The report has got measures and when right clicking on the measure value and selecting show details, I am able to view the details of the records.

Now, in SharePoint, the default value is 1000, I have changed it to 300,000 in Central Admin of SharePoint. 

But, when I am clicking on any measure value in report which is more than 200K (below 300K) then I am getting an error message as below - 

Can anyone tell me if anyone has faced this issue... ? the same issue is getting repeated for Additional Action also. We have additional action defined for that measure group.

Any help would be really great... 

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. 

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".
    <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
        <system.web>
            <customErrors mode="Off"/>
        </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.
    <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
        <system.web>
            <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
        </system.web>
    </configuration>

Anirban Biswas (v-anbis@microsoft.com)

Monday, June 24, 2013 11:53 AM

Answers

• I checked in the Event Log and found that there was a special char in the Cube Dim value. that was the reason for this error.

after fixing that data the error got fixed.

Anirban Biswas (v-anbis@microsoft.com)

• Marked as answer by Anirban Biswas Wednesday, August 24, 2016 5:46 AM
    Wednesday, August 24, 2016 5:46 AM