Steady State for Domain Users RRS feed

• Question

• We have two public computers in our organization that I hope to lock down with Steady State.  However I'm a little stuck for how to do it.  The computers are on our domain (primarily because I need the benefits of my firewall appliance) and I can't figure out how to create a Steady State profile for these computers.  Creating a user in Steady State creates a local user.

I tried copying the local user profile created by Steady State to a common drive and then pointing to it in the user properties in Active Directory but that didn't seem to work.

So what's the trick?  We don't use Group Policy yet.  It's coming, at which point I will probably replace Steady State but for the time being I need to get these things moving.  For the record, before these computers were put on the domain Steady State worked like a charm.

MJ

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 9:26 PM

Answers

•  

MJ - what does the firewall appliance do that requires the user to reside on the domain? Are you authenticating the request to the internet?

Myself, half of my machines are standalone and the other half are joined to the domain. Both are behind a firewall appliance and it works fine either way. For my domain joined machines, I have a user for my patron computers, it resides in a seperate GPO and I apply the steadystate group policy template on that particular GPO.

Thursday, August 28, 2008 2:22 PM

All replies

•  

MJ - what does the firewall appliance do that requires the user to reside on the domain? Are you authenticating the request to the internet?

Myself, half of my machines are standalone and the other half are joined to the domain. Both are behind a firewall appliance and it works fine either way. For my domain joined machines, I have a user for my patron computers, it resides in a seperate GPO and I apply the steadystate group policy template on that particular GPO.

Thursday, August 28, 2008 2:22 PM

• Its really very useful post to me. I heartly thanking mwlaz for this post.
      The trick is good.
    ===========================
    caroline16

auto auctions

Thursday, September 11, 2008 7:01 AM