none
Desktops, virtual desktop can't open start menu RRS feed

• Question

• Using Desktops v2.0

Is this a bug or expected?

I can open start menu only in first virtual desktop, but not in other 3.

Tuesday, March 5, 2019 6:07 PM

All replies

• I have the same problem; also, some programs won't open in desktop 2. Was there ever a fix? If not, how do I get rid of Desktops 2.0?
    Thursday, July 30, 2020 4:43 PM
  • Hello

Thanks for reporting. I have added this to the backlog.

MarkC(MSFT)

Friday, July 31, 2020 12:37 PM
  • Cause 1: VMs are on a virtual network that's not associated with the virtual network (VNET) where the domain is located.

Fix 1: Create VNET peering between the VNET where VMs were provisioned and the VNET where the domain controller (DC) is running. See Create a virtual network peering - Resource Manager, different subscriptions.

Cause 2: When using Azure Active Directory Domain Services (Azure AD DS), the virtual network doesn't have its DNS server settings updated to point to the managed domain controllers.

Fix 2: To update the DNS settings for the virtual network containing Azure AD DS, see Update DNS settings for the Azure virtual network.

Cause 3: The network interface's DNS server settings do not point to the appropriate DNS server on the virtual network.

Fix 3: Take one of the following actions to resolve, following the steps in [Change DNS servers].

Change the network interface's DNS server settings to Custom with the steps from Change DNS servers and specify the private IP addresses of the DNS servers on the virtual network.

Change the network interface's DNS server settings to Inherit from virtual network with the steps from Change DNS servers, then change the virtual network's DNS server settings with the steps from Change DNS servers.
    16 hours 7 minutes ago