Spam going into inbox and Block sender button not working RRS feed

• Question

• For the past month I have been getting lots of emails that should go to my junk folder rather then my inbox.  Half of the time I was able to block the sender the other times it wasn't a valid email address or it was being sent from myself.  Now when I'm in the junk folder and select the Block button and am asked if I want to block this address the block button doesn't work but the cancel does.  I'm ready to put the effort into changing completely to Gmail if there isn't a simple fix. 
    Tuesday, January 10, 2017 1:47 PM

All replies

• Hello,

By "Outlook", do you mean Outlook desktop application or Outlook.com webmail interface? From the description, it looks are you using the Outlook.com webmail interface, correct?

>>the other times it wasn't a valid email address or it was being sent from myself.

If you cannot add a junk email address to the blocked sender list because the email address is invalid, this is the expected behavior. Only properly formatted SMTP addresses or domains can be added to the Block Sender List. As a workaround, we may consider to create an Outlook rule to delete these junk emails or move them to the Junk email folder.

Meanwhile, I'd recommend you have a look at the following article on some tips to keep spam out of your Inbox in Outlook.com:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Help-keep-spam-out-of-your-Inbox-in-Outlook-com-a3ece97b-82f8-4a5e-9ac3-e92fa6427ae4

Since this forum is for general questions and feedback related to Outlook desktop application, if your question is related to Outlook.com, I'd recommend you post a new question to the forum dedicated to Outlook.com:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

If I've misunderstood something, please feel free to let me know. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, January 16, 2017 9:36 AM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2017 6:41 AM