Application Path setting for MSI import RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I tried importing MSI but I can't figure out a way to change the application path, I learnt about BTAD_InstallDir but is this visible only as the environment variable for the service account user? Sorry for my ignorance but if BTAD_InstallDir is the value to set, I don't know how to set it, and it would be great if experts can help.

And what would be the proper approach in handling MSI? Should we install it first or import it first? And how does the two actions relate to each other?

Monday, June 28, 2010 4:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

See this blogpost by Sandro Pereira Deploy BizTalk Applications using MSI files – Concept and Best practices.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MCTS BizTalk Server
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Monday, June 28, 2010 5:05 PM
  • The %BTAD_InstallDir% is an environment variable representing the application installation folder  and the  default application installation folder is %ProgramFiles%\Generated by BizTalk\<ApplicationName>

All you have to do is to modify the resources( all the assembly files) and set the Destination location: %BTAD_InstallDir%\<FileName>.dll

As a member of the BizTalk Server Administrators group, you are granted the permissions required to import BizTalk applications into a BizTalk group.

I think it would always be better to have import followed by the installation. These articles will you understand in detail what happens during the import and installation

Thanks,

i.ahmad Please mark this as an answer if it helps
    Monday, June 28, 2010 6:22 PM