Seacht and calculate on other fields RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I’ve 2 SharePoint list in which I lookup values.

Now let's say that in the first list there is a category
    A with the value of 10, now I want to use this field in the second list but i
    want to multiply it with a value of the second list, and show the value in the
    second list.

Does anyone know how i can do this?

Best regards,

Remco

Monday, February 27, 2012 12:56 PM

Answers

• Hi Remco,

This can be done using a workflow.  I assume in the second list the category in the first list is chosen?  As we need to have something in common in both lists to get the value from list 1.

If that is the case.  Then you can create a workflow to lookup the value of the catogory in list 1 (where the category in list 1 is equal to the category in list 2) then you can get the value of the item in list 2 and multiple them.  Then set this new value to a column in list 2.

Hope that helps

Brian

Monday, February 27, 2012 2:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Remco,

This can be done using a workflow.  I assume in the second list the category in the first list is chosen?  As we need to have something in common in both lists to get the value from list 1.

If that is the case.  Then you can create a workflow to lookup the value of the catogory in list 1 (where the category in list 1 is equal to the category in list 2) then you can get the value of the item in list 2 and multiple them.  Then set this new value to a column in list 2.

Hope that helps

Brian

Monday, February 27, 2012 2:23 PM
  • Hi Brian,

You're right. I've figured this out and it is working. Thanks for your reply.

Best regards,
    Remco

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 8:52 AM