Exchange 2013 UM with Separate Roles & Avaya Session Mgr RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am looking for tips or guidance on using Exchange 2013 with separate roles for CAS and Mailbox along with Avaya Session Manager 6.x.

We are able to send calls to the CAS via TCP 5060, and we receive the expected 302 redirect to the mailbox server using port 5062.

Session Manager doesn't seem to be handling the 302 redirect to a different server/port as we would expect, because we end up with a routing loop instead of a user voicemail.

Does anyone have Exchange 2013 UM, using separate role servers, working for Avaya Session Mgr voicemail, and if so how are you handling the 302 redirect in Avaya?

Thanks for any advice you can share around this integration using separate role Exchange servers.

Jason Hindson

Friday, September 18, 2015 6:16 PM

All replies

• I'm not an Avaya master, but even with consolidated roles you can get a redirect, it's always going to send you to the mailbox server where the individual mailbox is hosted.  If you only have a single mailbox server, you can try pointing directly at it, though that's not recommended.   To be honest, I'll typically just put an AudioCodes session border controller in front to eliminate all the difficulties. 

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Friday, September 18, 2015 8:02 PM