Copy Paste Not Working on Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All, 

I have an issue with  Windows 7: sometime the copy paste doesn't work and when this issue appear => the only way to remove it is by rebooting my pc.

The copy paste doesn't work (wether using using [Ctrl]+[C], [Ctrl]+[V] or by context menu (right-click menu)) for all the applications (notepad, word, eclipse, outlook, skype). And also I'm unable to copy folders and files from one location to another !

I have tried everything but none of the below solutions solved my problem:

1.  sfc /scannow

2. msconfig : Go to Startup, disable everything but windows services

3. Updated my antivirus and checked for all viruses: All clean.

4. Despite not using remote desknbsp;end the RDPCLIP.EXE process, and then restart the task.  

5. I used some tools : GetOpenClipboardWindow.zip, + many other => No issue detected to solve !

6.  Type Go to Start (Start/Run) type the following in the search box: cmd /c “echo off | clip” then hit Enter. : Everybody is suggesting this but still issue not solved.

7. I'm using the office 365 / 2016 tools suite: word, outlook, skype etc... They may be the cause of this issue because I noticed some wrong window display in skype. But restarting those Apps didn't help !

The only solution that worked is to reboot the PC but I don't want to do it each time.

So any suggestion from you guys is very much appreciated and thanks in advance.

• Edited by CHENBEN Thursday, February 22, 2018 10:12 PM
    Thursday, February 22, 2018 12:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Can't you Copy/Paste in every application, everywhere? Can't you copy/paste on Desktop (shortcut icon)?
    How do you copy/paste? using [Ctrl]+[C], [Ctrl]+[V] or by context menu (right-click menu)? 

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Thursday, February 22, 2018 6:20 AM
  • Hello @Ashidacchi , I'm sorry I just added those informations in the post. 

Can't you Copy/Paste in every application, everywhere? Yes everywhere, and since I'm a programmer my Job ends when copy paste ends :(

Can't you copy/paste on Desktop (shortcut icon)? No
    How do you copy/paste? using [Ctrl]+[C], [Ctrl]+[V] or by context menu (right-click menu)?  None of them worked => by context menu : the paste option is grayed !

Remark: 

Thursday, February 22, 2018 10:11 PM
  • Hi CHENBEN,

I guess you always use "Sleep" when you are away from your computer.
    If so, please do "Shut down" (electronically power-off).

# "Sleep" does not release memory (cut/copy buffer) and sometimes it causes memory-leak.
       So, in such case, Shut down (or Power Off) should takes effect.

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Friday, February 23, 2018 12:41 AM
  • Hi,

Please try to create a new account to see if the issue still occur.

Please boot into safe mode to see if the issue still occur.

Here are steps to enter safe mode.

1. Just before the Windows 7 splash screen shown above appears, press the F8 key to enter Advanced Boot Options.

2. Using the arrow keys on your keyboard, highlight the Safe Mode and press Enter.

In addition, please check for and install any available updates. (Type Check for updates in search box , then select Check for updates. )

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Vera Hu Monday, February 26, 2018 1:49 AM
    Friday, February 23, 2018 8:29 AM
  • Hi, 

How’s everything going? Please feel free to give me any update.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 26, 2018 1:49 AM
  • Thanks. But Nope I don't use sleep anytime so this is not the cause. Thanks for your reply :) 
    Saturday, March 3, 2018 8:58 PM
  • Sorry I was a little bit busy. I tried all solutions over the internet but none of them worked :p

Now I am back, I will try your suggestions => But what if the problem was solved in safe mode => what should be the next steps ?

I forget to say that I'm talking about my computer at work. And the IT guy told me he is keeping all the computers upToDate.

By the way @Vera Hu, are you part of Microsoft support ? If so, I can give you more information's and below are some screenshot with issue in skype for business.

Below when someone try to share with me his desktop while we are in a call:

Below issue happens when texting someone: the text just disappeared (I have only erased person image for privacy)

Rebooting skype did not solve those issues and they appear when the copy paste issue appears

Saturday, March 3, 2018 9:22 PM
  • Hi,

In original post, you mentioned sometime the issue occurs. Please try to use clean boot to narrow down the problem to see if the issue occur after a specific application running. And check if the issue could be reproduced.

Here is a link for your reference.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 10:00 AM
  • With the clean boot I have to go through disabling / enabling each service and application. Is there a tool that can find for me the software that causes this conflict ? I also noticed some weird behavior in outlook, excel =>So this is impacting my office 365.

Thanks to you :)

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 12:25 AM
  • Hi CHENBEN,

If you did not do [System File Check], please try it.
    (1) open command prompt (run cmd.exe) as Administrator
    (2) type "sfc /scannow" (without quote) and [Enter]

regards,

Ashidacchi >> http://hokusosha.com/

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 3:39 AM
  • I notice I'm having the same issue with copying and pasting stuff. And yes I always have my pc. on sleep mode. I try rebooting it several times and nothing. So yes the p.c. works fine but I was trying to copy and paste some files and all it did was flicker but nothing. I did a recovery and nothing. I'm hoping I could fix this issue. Can anyone help me if they have a fix to this situation. I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much...
    Wednesday, June 6, 2018 4:43 PM
  • I actually fixed my situation I uninstalled avg antivirus and ultracopier and it just started working again. Now I am shutting my computer complete and not having it on sleep mode. But yes evrything worked fine Thanks so much.
    Friday, June 8, 2018 12:01 PM