Trying to understand some details of the Task Manager? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm creating a how-to document showing co-workers how to create a popup reminder box in the Task Manager. Using an online tutorial and some guesswork, I created one on my PC that works fine so far. Possibly relevant to these questions: In our office, most users just lock the screen when they leave at 5 pm. They don't log off. Most do shut down their PCs for the weekend.

However, there were things I wasn't really clear about, and I want to ask before we start creating this reminder on each PC (based on my first effort).
    1- In the General tab, what value is supposed to go in the field named Location? I left it with the default backslash.
    2 - In the New Trigger tab, what's the purpose of the check box named "Stop task if it runs longer than:"? My original test version used 3 days, but I'm concerned that might mean that if it starts on Monday morning, it'll quit on Wednesday.
    3 - In the Settings tab, what's the purpose of the check box similarly-named "Stop the task if it runs longer than:"? Same issue as above.
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 6:35 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I assume that you are talking about Task Scheduler. Please refer the following article to get a deep insight of Task Scheduler:

General Task Properties

Alex Zhao

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, December 30, 2011 6:32 AM
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 6:59 AM

All replies

• I suggest the best way for you to do this would to actually make a task on the computer or even better a program which can do this for you.

You could try a piece of software which does this for you.

It is only a suggestion.

Professional In Computing - Please Contact for Help. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 3:56 AM
  • Hi,

I assume that you are talking about Task Scheduler. Please refer the following article to get a deep insight of Task Scheduler:

General Task Properties

Alex Zhao

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, December 30, 2011 6:32 AM
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 6:59 AM