Changing Location In Skype for business RRS feed

• Question

• I was wondering is there a way to prevent users from changing their location in SfB 2016, Secondly.... Is there a way to make the location read an attribute from AD. Skype for business is on premise.
    Friday, May 20, 2016 8:26 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my research, seems we cannot prevent users from updating their location, and also no built-in option to configure Skype for Business to read the info from Active Directory database.

I'd suggest you post in the dedicated "Skype for Business" forum below for a confirmation on this. That's where most of the Skype for Business experts hang out, you should get more experienced responses out there:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=sfbfr

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, May 23, 2016 7:03 AM