Office 365 Outlook Appointments default no location RRS feed

• Question

• I have many appointments with no location.  I don't want that box to pop up asking if I really want to send invite without location. 

I want to change all appointments to default to (none) in the location line.  I see directions to change this in previous editions but can't see for 365.  

Sunday, September 16, 2018 10:58 PM

All replies

• Hi LisaHeath,

Do you mean sending meeting invitations? In this case, Outlook will remind you to add a location. For appointments, when tested here, I can save the appointments without a window popping up for location.

As far as I know, there is no built-in option in Outlook to disable this reminder.

As a workaround, we could create a new form and then set a default value for Location. Please check the steps to see if it works for you.

1. Enable the Developer tab in Outlook.

Go to File > Options > Customize Ribbon. Choose Developer from the list and then click Add.

2. Click Developer > Design a Form.

3. Select Appointment and then type None or something else you like in Location.

4. Click Publish Form.

5. Type a name and then click Publish.

6. Close the form window, and click Yes to save if prompted.

7. Right click your calendar folder and choose Properties.

8. Set the custom form for this folder.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, September 19, 2018 6:34 AM
    Monday, September 17, 2018 2:42 AM
  • Wow Perry. Thanks so much.
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, September 21, 2018 6:02 AM
    Monday, September 17, 2018 6:01 PM
  • Hi LisaHeath,

Was my reply helpful to you?

If the information above was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

If you have further concern, please feel free to tell us.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, October 1, 2018 8:29 AM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2018 12:59 AM
  • Hi LisaHeath,

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, it is recommended to mark it as an answer so we can close off this thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread :)

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Perry

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, September 25, 2018 3:18 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, September 25, 2018 3:18 AM
    Thursday, September 20, 2018 6:42 AM
  • Hi LisaHeath,

It is recommended to mark the useful reply as answer so that it will benefit other forum members a lot.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 5:14 AM