none
IE Favorites redirection RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

I work for a school system and we are going to be going over to Windows 7 from XP.  For the teachers and staff we have GPO's set up to restrict access on their PC's.  THe students have mandatory profiles.

We redirect their IE favorites to their home directory, so if they log in to any machine on our network, they get their IE favorites.  This works perfectly on Windows XP, but on Windows 7, their favorites are blank.  They don't receive any favorites or even certain mandatory links that we push out. 

Any ideas or possibly point me in the right direction?  Thank you.

Saturday, February 5, 2011 2:31 AM

Answers

• They don't receive any favorites or even certain mandatory links that we push out. 

My guess is that you're either seeing a symptom of using the wrong path or a permissions problem with the right path.   Either way  ProcMon  would help you diagnose what is happening.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, February 5, 2011 5:26 AM
  • Hi,

Looks like it is more Server side related, as this forum focuses on Windows Vista specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to server forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsserver

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Meanwhile, you can refer to this artical.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 8:46 AM

All replies

• They don't receive any favorites or even certain mandatory links that we push out. 

My guess is that you're either seeing a symptom of using the wrong path or a permissions problem with the right path.   Either way  ProcMon  would help you diagnose what is happening.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, February 5, 2011 5:26 AM
  • Hi,

Looks like it is more Server side related, as this forum focuses on Windows Vista specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to server forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsserver

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Meanwhile, you can refer to this artical.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 8:46 AM