none
Tape Contents for offline tapes RRS feed

• Question

• I am able to get a listing of all tapes known to DPM  using the view Vw_DPM_Media.

What I need is the same  information that I get with tapes on-line by clicking "View Tape Contents". How do I go about get this for all tapes known to DPM including offline.

Regards

Thursday, February 6, 2014 2:25 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You can use this SQL query and home in based on creation date and / or barcode.

use dpmdb  -- change as necessary
    DECLARE @StartDate DATETIMEOFFSET(7)
    DECLARE @EndDate DATETIMEOFFSET(7)
    set @StartDate = '2014-01-01'  --yyyy-mm-dd
    set @EndDate = '2014-01-06'    --yyyy-mm-dd
    select Server.netbiosname,
    rob.caption as "drive letter",rob.ComponentName,media.Label,media.BarcodeValue,pd.CreationDate,pd.ExpiryDate 
    from dbo.tbl_MM_MediaMap mm
    join dbo.tbl_MM_PhysicalDataset pd on pd.datasetid = mm.datasetid 
    join dbo.tbl_MM_Media media on media.MediaId = mm.MediaId 
    join dbo.tbl_RM_RecoverableObjectFileSpec ro on ro.DatasetId = mm.DatasetId   -- get protected datasource path and display ro.Path,ro.FileSpec
    join dbo.tbl_RM_RecoverableObject rob on rob.RecoverableObjectId = ro.RecoverableObjectId
    join tbl_ARM_DataSource arm on arm.DatasourceSequenceNumber = rob.DatasourceSequenceNumber 
    join tbl_IM_DataSource IM on IM.DataSourceId = arm.DatasourceId
    join dbo.tbl_AM_Server Server on server.ServerId = im.ServerId
    where LifeStatus = 1  -- not expired
    --and media.barcodevalue like '%A12018%' --barcode 
    and pd.CreationDate between @startdate and @enddate  --backup made between certain dates as entered above
    order by pd.CreationDate desc

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, February 6, 2014 10:15 PM