Share Calendar or Group Calendar? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm a NEWBIE!!!

We have 15 people in our office.  everyone would like to make their appointments on THEIR outlook calendar and then have it populate to a "company calendar" for everyone else to see those details.  Additionally, we'd then like that "company calendar" to show up in our Sharepoint.  What is the best way to make this happen?

Everyone share their calendar with everyone else and then do you create a view to see them all on in one place?

create a group in outlook

or a group and shared mailbox in exchange

or something entirely different or a combination of these?

Thanks for any help!

Monday, March 25, 2019 4:08 PM

Answers

• Hi BlackwellEng,

If you want all items showing on one company calendar, we can create a company calendar first and then share it with anyone in your Office.

Currently, Outlook has a Copy to My Calendar or Copy to Folder button which will save a couple of steps, but it doesn't have an option to duplicate all newly created events from personal calendar to shared calendar automatically.

To use Copy to My Calendar or Copy to Folder option, create the event on the shared calendar first. Select the event and then click Copy to Folder.

(Note: If you don’t see this option, please add this button to tab via File > Options > Customize Ribbon)

Another choice is that you can create an extra mailbox. When creating new appointment or meetings, users can always invite this mailbox. In this case, all entries should be showed in this mailbox’s calendar.

As here we mainly focus on issues regarding Outlook client, I’m not familiar with SharePoint. But I found following similar threads which discussed about how to sync outlook calendar with SharePoint.

View outlook calendar in SharePoint 2013

how to sync existing outlook calendar with SharePoint site 2013

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Tuesday, March 26, 2019 4:58 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, March 27, 2019 3:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by BlackwellEng Tuesday, April 2, 2019 12:24 PM
    Tuesday, March 26, 2019 4:56 AM

All replies

• Hi BlackwellEng,

If you want all items showing on one company calendar, we can create a company calendar first and then share it with anyone in your Office.

Currently, Outlook has a Copy to My Calendar or Copy to Folder button which will save a couple of steps, but it doesn't have an option to duplicate all newly created events from personal calendar to shared calendar automatically.

To use Copy to My Calendar or Copy to Folder option, create the event on the shared calendar first. Select the event and then click Copy to Folder.

(Note: If you don’t see this option, please add this button to tab via File > Options > Customize Ribbon)

Another choice is that you can create an extra mailbox. When creating new appointment or meetings, users can always invite this mailbox. In this case, all entries should be showed in this mailbox’s calendar.

As here we mainly focus on issues regarding Outlook client, I’m not familiar with SharePoint. But I found following similar threads which discussed about how to sync outlook calendar with SharePoint.

View outlook calendar in SharePoint 2013

how to sync existing outlook calendar with SharePoint site 2013

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Tuesday, March 26, 2019 4:58 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, March 27, 2019 3:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by BlackwellEng Tuesday, April 2, 2019 12:24 PM
    Tuesday, March 26, 2019 4:56 AM
  • Hi BlackwellEng,

Just check if the reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, March 29, 2019 2:57 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, March 29, 2019 2:57 AM
    Thursday, March 28, 2019 5:39 AM
  • Hi BlackwellEng,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. If the information above was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 1:44 AM