none
Evalution Resulted in a Stack Overflow and Cannot Continue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I am getting this message when trying to refresh a query I have refreshed like gazilion times before.

Any idea what this means?

I do have few hundred thousands rows, mostly in xlsx, csvs, or google sheets as csv. Few merge functions. I have done way more complicated stuff with PQ and have never seen this message...

----

UPDATE: It is somehow related to this issue: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f886bbda-3dee-4461-89cc-69b1abca2055/dataformaterror-relationship-tag-contains-incorrect-attribute-line-2-position-86?forum=powerquery

Powerquery was not able to parse the google sheet downloaded as XLSx properly. Showing this error ("Line 2, position 86") in a subquery, while the main query showed "Evaluation Resulted in a Stack Overflow and Cannot Continue"

The temporary solution is to download the needed sheets is CSVs and read them as Csv.Document. This works. XLSXs dont. Nothing changed in in the Google Sheet... Not sure why this is randomly happening.

DZ

Sunday, July 3, 2016 6:45 PM

Answers

• If your XLSX doesn't contain any confidential data, please consider using "Send a Frown" and attaching it so that we can troubleshoot the problem (and hopefully fix it).
    Tuesday, July 5, 2016 9:03 PM