none
Enough privileges to post an article on the Wiki RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, how can I post my first article?

I'm receiving this message:

"Sorry you don’t have enough privileges to post an article on the Wiki"

Friday, December 8, 2017 7:09 PM

Answers

• Good day Harley,

The Wiki includes some limitations and feature to help us reduce spam. One of these is that new user cannot post an article. Sorry you don’t have enough profile points to post an article on the Wik directly.

You must gain some points first before you post an article, or you can post the article via someone else who can be responsible on the article (in this case he will get the points related to the new article, but you get to contribute the content).

For option 1, you can help people here in MSDN and TechNet forums by answer questions and take part in discussions. Once you answer someone question you gain some points, once you write a useful message you can gain some points, and so on... You can join us at the Facebook group and become part of the community in different activities, in a short time you should gain the points to be able to post articles directly :-)

For option 2, you can join us to Microsoft TechNet Wiki Facebook group and send you article to one of the TechNet Wiki council member (or any active member for this case). That person could choose if he want to publish your article and he should add a comment that this article was originally written by you.

** IMPORTANT! you say in your profile that you work at Microsoft, and I am familiar with you if you are the same person I know: Harley Santana - Premier Field Engineer at Microsoft. But, Microsoft employees gets a special Affiliations in their profile, which you don't have. You can check this page for more information about profile affilications. In case that you are Microsoft employees then you should be register to the forum/TechNet Wiki as Microsoft employee. You can contact me via linkedin if you are who you say you are (we are connected there), or via Facebook after you join the group, and I'll try to check the specific case.

Regards,

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Friday, December 15, 2017 10:55 AM
  • We don't know what the requirements are for being able to publish a Wiki. They were put in place recently to prevent spam Wiki articles. As such, we should not know the exact requirements. We don't want the spammers to have any clues to overcome the requirements. But our best guess is that you need a minimum number of recognition points (you have none) and/or achievements (you have none). This would indicate helpful activity in TechNet/MSDN that indicates you are not a spammer.

I suggest you reply to forum threads, try to answer questions (or ask questions yourself), maybe comment on or edit existing Wiki articles, etc. My guess is that you need at least a few points to publish. If I learn more, I will update here.

Edit:

Some activities that earn recognition points:
    Having a reply in a forum thread marked helpful
    Having a reply in a forum thread marked as an answer

Achievements are generally easier in the beginning:

Replying to threads in the forums
    Voting forum replies helpful
    Editing Wiki articles
    Comment on Wiki articles
    Providing proposed forum answer (your reply marked a proposed answer)
    Marking or proposing answers to your forum questions
    Completing all fields in your profile

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 7:16 PM

All replies

• Interesting. In the past we have been flooded with hundreds of spam articles in the TechNet Wiki per day. About a week ago the Wiki admins implemented a spam filter, and we have had no spam articles since. My guess is the filter is preventing you from posting an article. My guess is that your account needs to be "verified". That process is required in the forums before you can include images or links in a forum post (which also has greatly reduced spam in the forums).

In any case, I would request that your account be verified by posting a request in this thread:

The current verification thread periodically changes, but is always a sticky thread at the top of this forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=reportabug

I will try to keep track of when your account is verified (the admins post a reply in the thread indicating that the users have been verified), and then we will see if you can publish in the Wiki. Then we will know the procedure in the future.

Edit: Another option is to email fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com. Fissues stands for forum issues, but they also have dealt with Wiki spam in the past. They might tell you how to acquire the privileges needed. It might require recognition points or achievements, in which case you need enough activity in your profile.

Friday, December 8, 2017 8:42 PM
  • We don't know what the requirements are for being able to publish a Wiki. They were put in place recently to prevent spam Wiki articles. As such, we should not know the exact requirements. We don't want the spammers to have any clues to overcome the requirements. But our best guess is that you need a minimum number of recognition points (you have none) and/or achievements (you have none). This would indicate helpful activity in TechNet/MSDN that indicates you are not a spammer.

I suggest you reply to forum threads, try to answer questions (or ask questions yourself), maybe comment on or edit existing Wiki articles, etc. My guess is that you need at least a few points to publish. If I learn more, I will update here.

Edit:

Some activities that earn recognition points:
    Having a reply in a forum thread marked helpful
    Having a reply in a forum thread marked as an answer

Achievements are generally easier in the beginning:

Replying to threads in the forums
    Voting forum replies helpful
    Editing Wiki articles
    Comment on Wiki articles
    Providing proposed forum answer (your reply marked a proposed answer)
    Marking or proposing answers to your forum questions
    Completing all fields in your profile

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 7:16 PM
  • Good day Harley,

The Wiki includes some limitations and feature to help us reduce spam. One of these is that new user cannot post an article. Sorry you don’t have enough profile points to post an article on the Wik directly.

You must gain some points first before you post an article, or you can post the article via someone else who can be responsible on the article (in this case he will get the points related to the new article, but you get to contribute the content).

For option 1, you can help people here in MSDN and TechNet forums by answer questions and take part in discussions. Once you answer someone question you gain some points, once you write a useful message you can gain some points, and so on... You can join us at the Facebook group and become part of the community in different activities, in a short time you should gain the points to be able to post articles directly :-)

For option 2, you can join us to Microsoft TechNet Wiki Facebook group and send you article to one of the TechNet Wiki council member (or any active member for this case). That person could choose if he want to publish your article and he should add a comment that this article was originally written by you.

** IMPORTANT! you say in your profile that you work at Microsoft, and I am familiar with you if you are the same person I know: Harley Santana - Premier Field Engineer at Microsoft. But, Microsoft employees gets a special Affiliations in their profile, which you don't have. You can check this page for more information about profile affilications. In case that you are Microsoft employees then you should be register to the forum/TechNet Wiki as Microsoft employee. You can contact me via linkedin if you are who you say you are (we are connected there), or via Facebook after you join the group, and I'll try to check the specific case.

Regards,

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Friday, December 15, 2017 10:55 AM
  • Thanks for  help..
    Wednesday, November 7, 2018 8:06 AM
  • Thank you for the help.

Regards,

Thales Sperling

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 1:53 PM
  • Thank you very much for useful information.
    Monday, April 1, 2019 8:46 AM