outlook freezes for 5 to 7 mininutes while sendind a file attached from a mapped network drive using windows explorer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    I am using exchange server.
    when I try attaching a folder or a document or an excel file from a mapped network drive using windows explorer, the outlook freezes for 3 to 5 minutes and then sends. This occurs randomly.

I would like to get a solution in order to stop freezing the outlook and take the delays.
    I hope if anyone could try to give me a solution for this.

thank you,
    ginu

• Changed type ginu161 Tuesday, April 17, 2012 6:03 PM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 5:12 PM

Answers

• Hi

this issue comes due to the network connection problem, which exactly means there could be a communication problem between the machine and the network and thats the reason it happens to a particular system.

I would recomment to unmap the drive and then and then map it again in order to refresh the connectionand then see to that whether the problem is occuring. If not, try cleaning the computer which means delete the files in the temp folder in your local machine.

I hope try this out..

lisrose

• Edited by lisrose Thursday, April 19, 2012 1:01 PM
    • Marked as answer by ginu161 Thursday, April 19, 2012 3:16 PM
    Thursday, April 19, 2012 1:00 PM

All replies

• Hi
    I am using exchange server.
    when I try attaching a folder or a document or an excel file from a mapped network drive using windows explorer, the outlook freezes for 3 to 5 minutes and then sends. This occurs randomly.

I would like to get a solution in order to stop freezing the outlook and take the delays.
    I hope if anyone could try to give me a solution for this.

thank you,
    ginu

Hi,

I would also like to figure out whether this happens due to some plug in issues?

According to me, I felt up to an opinion on my own that this could happen because of two reasons,

• the file or folder could be opened in the background of the system
    • the network connection is slow

But this is happening randomly to a particular system only and at the same time no one else i getting that kind of freezing. This happened also even by closing the folder or file in the background.

This makes me really eager to get to know the exact reason for this problem and also in figuring out a solution.

I hope anyone could help me out with this.

thank you,

ginu

• Edited by ginu161 Tuesday, April 17, 2012 5:35 PM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 5:14 PM
  • couple things to try...

1st - Clean boot and see if this still occurs.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

2nd - ProcMon - Run this when attaching a file and see what other processes are running at the same time.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 5:46 PM
  • Hi,

when we tried the task manager it shows that the frozen outlooks is running and at the same time there is no other processes running other than that.

ginu.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 6:08 PM
  • ProcMon is different than Task manager

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 6:44 PM
  • Hi,

"Clean boot" is something new to me. Is this equivalent to cleaning the computer and then restarting?

ginu

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 2:31 PM
  • the link that i posted will show you how to do a clean boot.  Basically it only has the necessary services run that are needed so you can see if it's a third party application causing you problems
    Wednesday, April 18, 2012 3:07 PM
  • hi,

Thanks for the reply,

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 3:30 PM
  • Hi

this issue comes due to the network connection problem, which exactly means there could be a communication problem between the machine and the network and thats the reason it happens to a particular system.

I would recomment to unmap the drive and then and then map it again in order to refresh the connectionand then see to that whether the problem is occuring. If not, try cleaning the computer which means delete the files in the temp folder in your local machine.

I hope try this out..

lisrose

• Edited by lisrose Thursday, April 19, 2012 1:01 PM
    • Marked as answer by ginu161 Thursday, April 19, 2012 3:16 PM
    Thursday, April 19, 2012 1:00 PM
  • Hi

I hope try this out..

lisrose

anyways i tried to unmap the network drive and remapped it. anyways till now no problems, guess the problem was solved...

Thanks..

Thursday, April 19, 2012 3:16 PM
  • Hi

Try starting outlook with the /noextensions switch.  This will start Outlook without any add-ins and will let you know if it's a third party pierce of software.  If Outlook work fine when started with the /noextensions switch then add the add-ins back one by one until you find the add-in that is causing you issues.

If you still have the issue I'd suggest running a packet analyser like Wireshark or Netmon to try and understand the issue with the communications.

Cheers

Alex

Thursday, April 19, 2012 3:19 PM