Resource scheduling from a shared account - owned by sender instead of shared account RRS feed

• Question

• In our organization we have many resources. Usually one person per department schedules these resources for the department. However, when a user changes a position, or leaves the company, the calendar entry stays under that users name. I a need arises for the meeting to change, a call to IS is usually placed to make a change to that meeting. They usually give permissions to one user and they change all the meetings going forward. I was given this permission and changed over 200 meetings in my name.

Our solution was to create a joint account "Education Admin Calendar" that both the Admin and I share. Scheduling a room then would be sent from a shared user and either of us could edit the item. However, the appointment scheduled by the "Education Admin Calendar" is showing and booking like it was sent from either me or the person I share the account with. The issue is now, we can still not edit the "others" event that was scheduled. I hope the picture clears this up.

Admin to Resource

My question is: Can the mail be sent as and from "Education Admin Calendar" so it shows on the receiving end (in this case IS Training Center 1) that was created by "Education Admin Calendar" and not myself? <o:p></o:p>

Right now, the only person that can edit this appointment is myself, not the user I share the calendar with.

Windows 7 / Office 2010 / Outlook 2010 / Exchange 2013

Thank you so much in advance for looking over this, and help would be nice.

Friday, October 30, 2015 6:10 PM

All replies

• According to the link below, Outlook doesn't support changing the meeting organizer.  I believe the only way to do what you want is to log on to that mailbox and generate the meeting.  If the admin doesn't want to have to repeatedly log out of and into Outlook, he or she could open OWA with that other account and use it to schedule meetings.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Best-practices-when-using-the-Outlook-Calendar-D93F72D3-2361-4E0D-8D6A-5C4939C17F39

Maybe someone in the Outlook forum has a better idea.  I recommend that you post this in the Outlook Forum:  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/threads

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Friday, October 30, 2015 8:15 PM
  • It was a soluiton we came up with due to all the appointments we had to move around when someone left.  The department admin left our department and it caused a headache with all the training schedules we had out for 2 years.

I think you are correct and we have submitted to our IS department that we get the mailbox access to switch into the admin account to schedule meetings.  But maybe this is something MS should look into (sending from a calender you are an "Owner" of  - if we could send that way, it will save a ton of time if a user switches jobs.

Thanks for the reply :)   If anyone else has thoughts on this, I'd like to hear it.

Joel Draper MCP since 1999.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 4:42 PM